M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What would you guys recommend, G&G or TM, stock? I know M14's need upgrades to become an official sniper rifle, but which is best stock with little internal experience?

TM M14. New Hop-Up makes it head over heals! :) You do kinda sacrifice the feel of the gun for better overal stock performance.

The TM M14's gearbox is covered in firing stuff... I used the 38 some odd step guide to take mine apart and put an M120 in it with new internals. The TM's standard gears can take an M120 w/out changing gears. Tightbore wouldnt hurt although I have no issue with my standard barrel.

I tested my M14 against a TM VSR-10. The VSR had a 555mm inner barrel and a 100mps upgrade, same with my M14. The M14 would outrange the VSR easily and also showed ALOT better accuracy. I was shooting at a tree 40 meters away and hit it with every shot with the M14 and only 1 / 30 with the VSR. No optics had been installed on either gun and both were tested with Excel 0,25g BBs.

do you have barrel spacers for your VSR? i've noticed that helps accuracy a bit and also there are new chamber sets for VSR-10s that greatly increase accuracy.

But cool to hear an AEG out perform a bolt action rifle.

Edited by trfo2o

installing a tightbore on the m14 is really easy, but you have to be careful getting to the gearbox, like the other guy said, theres a lot of stuff thats on the outside of the gearbox, so you have to remember where it goes. ill check out the accuracy of mine when i get it back, it has a 500mm 6.03 tightbore, powerful spring shims and bushings

Edited by shankskank

Well, the oddessey of my M14 continues. Still losing air compression via the BB feed nozzle, so I had to order a new Guarder 50% hop-up bucking and a new Cylinder head... oh well, I suppose when this thing is finally ready to go, it'll be firing insanely well with the myriad upgrades inside.

Is the G&G SOCOM 16 any good? Is it better than the other G&G M14's? Is it better than the TM m14's? Why? Thanks.

G&G's M14 series has a bad reputation for being unreliable. They make up for this fact with an amazing outer appearence (minus not being the same dimensions as a real M14) The internal unstableness can cause many issues including massive spendatures on internal parts.

The TM M14 Has better hop, fully moving bolt (A must have :P) realistic looking mags, the best internal reliability, new gear ratios that accept springs up to M120's w/out changing to reinforced gears, and a slew of other neeto options. Where the TM lacks is the plastic stock both the heatshield and the stock itself can be quite plasticky sometimes. For me this is a mute point as the TM M14 makes up for it in every other aspect. The new hop up makes the gun superrior as a skirmish gun because it simply outranges all other AEG's stock.

The decision is yours, Me personally i'd go with the TM M14 as most aftermarket kits (RIS/RAS, EBR etc) are for the TM and simply because I know I can trust the TM.

For legal reasons we can't buy real ones to fit in the uk. Does anyone have a pic of a real one so I can see how it looks, with a view to painting mine. ta

Erm, well its the same as the one thats on your current gun, just made out of a different plastic, so It will look exactly the same. This is one of the many real to AEG parts that will fit on the TM M14. I'm currently trying to get a hold of an operating rod from a real M14 to see if it would work in the TM M14 (the little ledge that holds the Bolt on track when you rack it, finally wore down) The part guide to a real M14 looks exactly the same in design and build but I'm not sure the diameters are the same :)

Here's my G&G with a RS handguard. I don't have any better pictures at the moment, but I can take some if requested.

There's a small amount of dremel work needed to fit it on the G&G, not sure about the TM.

It really pulls the whole gun together in my opinion. The stock handguard is junk, an RS one makes the whole thing feel even

more solid.

76201405-M.jpg

Here's my G&G with a RS handguard. I don't have any better pictures at the moment, but I can take some if requested.

There's a small amount of dremel work needed to fit it on the G&G, not sure about the TM.

It really pulls the whole gun together in my opinion. The stock handguard is junk, an RS one makes the whole thing feel even

more solid.

76201405-M.jpg

Hey, are your m14 mag pouches made frm. Tac. Tail?

Also G&P produce brown heatshield.

I have one of these and I must say they looks and feels too plasticy, just like Marui ones. They also VERY dark brown, almost black. So in my opinion there is no point buying one, just try to find RS.

BTW, I tried 0.28g BBs in stock TM M14 (it shoots 95 m/s or 313 fps with 0.2 BB). Well, with the 0.28 BBs I was able to hit Coca-Cola can at 35 meters with every shot.

And that's my baby :)

DSCN0030.JPG

DSCN0072.JPG

Shown here with the custom birch stock, original black heatshield (still waiting for the RS one) and Vietnam era sling. Currently it's stock, but I'm planning to upgrade it and fit old-style optics to create an early XM21 for my NAM impression. And maybe add a little tone to make wood stock darker.

Edited by seth777

more solid.

Where did you get the RS heatshield / handguard from? Was it a website? It really makes the M14 look the biz, I soooooooooo want one for mine!

I got mine from CDNN Sports, but there's many places to buy them. Just google 'M14 handguard'. At CSNN don't expect a brand new black one, it's random what you'll get (black or brown, new or used), but they're good people to deal with. As far as I know the black ones aren't being made anymore, so it's more likely you'll get brown.

There's always Krylon.

They're fiberglass and extremely solid. They are designed to take the heat and stress of the real weapon after all.

I don't know about how they fit on TM, you shouldn't have any problems, just be prepared to do a little Dremel or filing work on the front 'lip' if it's too big.

I don't know about how they fit on TM, you shouldn't have any problems, just be prepared to do a little Dremel or filing work on the front 'lip' if it's too big.

Fits on a TM like a glove, no dremeling required. I got my RS Heatshield from a local who was selling it with a fiberglass stock for 25 bucks (both parts). I used the fiberglass stock for my "Fiberglass TM M14" was forced to scrap the project after a strange whining noise from my gearbox. I still have the stock, just needs to be bondoed some more and I could get it hollowed out and worked out to where I need it.

For Future Reference: TM = Real Steel Size, G&G is shorter by a few inches