M14 Picture Thread

The safety is the little bar in the trigger guard, push it back towards the trigger for safe and away for live.  The selector switch above is for semi/auto =)

Does going on semi auto mode wear the gearbox mode? Is it bad to use it in the airsoft world? for any aeg?

Edited by AirForceOne
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what exactly does the cut off lever do and would it be a good idea to replace it? will it make my M14 last longer if it's around 400FPS?

also, a little off topic but I play spotter and I like to keep quiet for most of the time so other than a silencer, what should i put into my gearbox to make it more quiet? my friend's is around 400 but his gun is sort of loud.

Guarder's steel gears eat away at the stock monkey metal cutoff lever, making you lose semi after a few thousand rounds. Guarder's steel cutoff lever fixes that. If you use stock gears, you should be fine.

what exactly does the cut off lever do and would it be a good idea to replace it?  will it make my M14 last longer if it's around 400FPS?

also, a little off topic but I play spotter and I like to keep quiet for most of the time so other than a silencer, what should i put into my gearbox to make it more quiet?  my friend's is around 400 but his gun is sort of loud.

Other than a silent piston-head, just shim it really well

okay, so i have a Stock TM M14 SOCOM and i was wondering what i should put in as some first upgrades. my budget is under 200 dollars and that makes it 150 after I get a pack of 10 king arms 110rnd mags. I don't know if I should invest in a Guarder FTK just yet. I was thinking maybe I could get a inner barrel, silencer, and maybe a PDI 110? do you think the stock gears could handle that?

okay, so i have a Stock TM M14 SOCOM and i was wondering what i should put in as some first upgrades.  my budget is under 200 dollars and that makes it 150 after I get a pack of 10 king arms 110rnd mags.  I don't know if I should invest in a Guarder FTK just yet.  I was thinking maybe I could get a inner barrel, silencer, and maybe a PDI 110?  do you think the stock gears could handle that?

1cem4n if you can find Helical gears for the M14 that would help make the gun more silent. The only other thing is shimming and motor height are the other major factors. The Systema Silent piston head has been working fine in my ICS M4. I havent been able to take her out to any place signifigant to test FPS and stuff but it is built pretty well, I doubt it will tear. Airsoft Mechanics is a great place but they dont test their stuff to US field limits, they go way beyond it (The piston review thing was like M140 springs and stuff, crazy) A silencer isnt going to do you much good and it will look horrific (In my oppinion anyways :P ) Some silencers are just hollow and amplify the sound rather then silence it. A Tightbore would be a good addition, a PDI 110, Bearing Spring Guide and some vented polycarb piston head will be a great addition to your gun. Also maybe a Big Out H Hop up or one of those V hop ups? The TM one is not one standard.

No, stick with the stock TM M14 hop-up, it's amazingly good. The TM M14 also has helical gears in it from the factory. I'd just up the spring and get a tight bore as well as investing in good BBs.

Edited by [BS]_MARS
No, stick with the stock TM M14 hop-up, it's amazingly good.  The TM M14 also has helical gears in it from the factory.  I'd just up the spring and get a tight bore as well as investing in good BBs.

Uhm I'm 100% sure that the TM M14 DOES NOT come with Helical gears stock, it comes with standard ratio gearset which for a stock gun his based for torque more then RPM. They are very strong gears but they ARE NOT helical. Helical gears have the teeth of each gear at an angle.

The stock hop up is good but replacing the hop up nubbin will improve range and accuracy. The stock configuration is actually pretty good but my friends been using the madbull Fishbone in his TM M14 and is getting some seriously good range. It may add 20-50 feet to your range.

will the gun be able to handle a PDI M110 with stock gears? and what type of bushings should i get?

i was thinking of:

-PDI M110

-Guarder Cut Off Lever

-Prometheus 6.03 M14 SOCOM inner barrel

-Bushings?

-Guarder metal spring guide with bearings.

should i get a piston head or new piston while i'm at it?

Can I join the mighty M14 brotherhood now?

aseetdk1.jpg

Going to keep it simple, maby a camo paint (yuck that Marui plastic is shiny) and a scope rail for a fakepoint. Gosh that thing is a beast performance-wise, beats my Prometheus barrel M15A4 any day. :D