M14 Picture Thread

will the gun be able to handle a PDI M110 with stock gears?  and what type of bushings should i get?

i was thinking of:

-PDI M110

-Guarder Cut Off Lever

-Prometheus 6.03 M14 SOCOM inner barrel

-Bushings?

-Guarder metal spring guide with bearings.

should i get a piston head or new piston while i'm at it?

Yes the stock gears could handle it... IIRC up to an M120 but I dont suggest it. As for Bushings I used Area1000 6mm Bushings and they worked good. Any form of 6mm bushing will work in your gearbox. Area1000 i've used before, I think i've used Guarders as well.

Nice looking M14's gents, Abelius its kinda blasphemy to put an M4 Next to an M14 in the same picture :P JK, The brotherhoods membership is decided by who ever wants to join, so if you want to join, your in, just put our tag line in your sig! Puding I dont know if i'm a fan of the Silencer but the rest of it looks awesome :) Whats my oppinion worth anyways ^_^

Long Live the M14 Brotherhood!!!

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

is there any reason why guarder would sell just a single steel spur gear by itself?

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=19759

i'm contemplating whether to buy it for now.

They do this with all of their gears, my assumption is that they sell it seperatly so that if one were to somehow break (as in you've already bought all 3) you dont need to buy all 3 again to replace one gear.

My TM M14 siezed up this weekend. I thought you guys might be interested in what I found.

Here's what I discovered when I opened up the gear box:

154973994-M.jpg

Notice the wear on the tappet plate where it rubs against the sector gear knob:

154974063-M.jpg

This is what my tappet plate looked like at the end of December 2006:

113310061-M.jpg

As you can see, it was in like-new condition. I've put < 5,000 rounds through it since then.

The gun performed flawlessly until it siezed up. No symptoms or misfeeds at all.

Luckily it's only a $10 part and nothing else was damaged. Is this is a common failure?

Sorry about that, I got mixed up.  The gears I bought were not labeled helical but turned out to be.  Sorry about that.

No worries, I was just confused as how a stock gun came with helical gears because like I said I've never heard of any stock guns coming with them. I know my stock TM gears sure as hell arnt Helical as I'm looking right at them lol :)

More pictures! Go!

m14cp1ub6.jpg

m14cp3lg3.jpg

Ordering from Overseas may or may not be cheaper. But the shipping usually gets you, it is fairly expensive, takes a while to come unless you pay for the fastest shipping.

From what I have seen, buying guns in the UK is really overpriced, I can't believe some prices, maybe the Pounds to US dollars converters on Google are no good but a lot of guns seem to be $100-$200 more then the actual price.

Based on my conversions a Marui M14 in the UK would be over $500.

So ordering from HK might be a way to save some money.

Based on my conversions a Marui M14 in the UK would be over $500.

yup, $521.50 for a stock M14 with no battery and just the one mag on Zero One.

in english monies, the JG AUG for instance costs £44 on Rsov, but its £104 on Airsoft Scotland.

but once you include shipping and possible tax it makes it about the same price, however if it gets through without tax, its cheaper and worth the extra hassle. and its not just the guns. rsov sells an aimpoint replica with mount for £16 but the cheapest ive seen in england is more than twice that

thats the problem with living on exactly the opposite side of the world to the production of these guns :(

yup, $521.50 for a stock M14 with no battery and just the one mag on Zero One.

in english monies, the JG AUG for instance costs £44 on Rsov, but its £104 on Airsoft Scotland.

but once you include shipping and possible tax it makes it about the same price, however if it gets through without tax, its cheaper and worth the extra hassle. and its not just the guns. rsov sells an aimpoint replica with mount for £16 but the cheapest ive seen in england is more than twice that

thats the problem with living on exactly the opposite side of the world to the production of these guns :(

indeed, ive been contemplating why its so expensive over here. its just ridiculous! i think that if you pass the M14 off as $£200 or under it would get through customs pretty easy, its the expensive goods customs aim for and think (well if he can pay that much for something then we may aswell slap on a few £'s)

ive been lucky enough not to get anything held in customs, and ive ordered loads of drum stuff and they have all passed customs.

we need someone who works in UK customs to help us find a way around it.

Is there a way to efficiently tighten the front cap, just before the front assembly? My Marui has a quite wobbly stock from the front end and I don't like it at all. Tightening the small screw inside the gas piston assembly attached to the barrel helped only to secure itself. :|

is it me or is the stock on the SOC 16 shorter than the Original M14 stock?

i really want a TM SOC 16 but do they have the same range as the Standard M14? and what flash hider would look better on it rather than the stock one?