M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bah, ive given up even commenting on them,  it makes no difference, people still rape their guns :(

I used to think that on M14's but now I've had my AGM, I would buy an ebr kit if china made one because its too bulky for me sometimes, though when sniping it is ok, though a few rails would be nice.

Edited by massacreman

Hey all, after some advice...

I want to sniper spec my stock TM M14 when I get back from this det, one thing that caught my eye was the Guarder Full Tune-up Kit that my local retailer stocks.

What kind of improvement in performance will this give me? Has anyone else fitted one of these, how did it turn out?

Appreciate any advice!

Oh, any pointers on a good tightbore barrel would be appreciated...

Hey all, after some advice...

I want to sniper spec my stock TM M14 when I get back from this det, one thing that caught my eye was the Guarder Full Tune-up Kit that my local retailer stocks.

What kind of improvement in performance will this give me?  Has anyone else fitted one of these, how did it turn out?

Appreciate any advice!

Oh, any pointers on a good tightbore barrel would be appreciated...

power wise it will largely depend on what spring is included. altough the piston heads etc tend to give better compression. also FTKs tend to generaly increase durability due to stronger parts.

what spring does it say it includes? im guessing M100

Thank you Onslaught, and yes, it is the CA M14 Scout.  And I fething love it.  I've no idea why the corner of the mags have been cut out.  It's my first M14 (aww...) so I've got no answers for you.

Lookin' good Nick, glad to see you finally got some taste in guns... :D

Looking forward to my first game when I get back bud, see how that little beauty works alongside my TM! How long til Ben and Dave want one, do you think?

Just a quick check, I found a Laylax (Promethius) M14 - 6.03mm / 500mm on zero one for 39.99.

Thanks for the pointer there MassacreMan, looks good to me. Need to have a long hard think about the sniper upgrade now, have to chat with my dealer about that FTK kit...

Edited by Rosco151

In case anyone's thinking about getting one, my friend just got an ECHO1 M14 Socom last night and I got a good look at it. I haven't seen any reviews for it yet, so if he lets me take some pictures I might do one myself.

I can't really compare it to TM's model until my other friend gets his later this month, but I can point out a few things:

First of all, the body feels quite plasticy and slightly unrealistic at first. After a while, its not noticeable once you've gotten used to the gun. The mag is a little wierd...you have to put the front end in until it catches a very weak piece in the magwell and then push the back of the mag in until it locks. Sometimes this took me several tries, even when I had gotten used to the gun, and to be honest I would not want to have this rifle in a situation in which I had to reload quickly. The rear sight is okay; the vertical adjustment was awesome, but the horizontal was lacking...it didn't really move at all. Finally, the firing selector was...well, weak. There was no positive, strong click between settings as there is on Armalites (I'm not sure if the TM is the same way). In fact, there's virtually no click or sound at all; the selector just swings into two positions (and I think its plastic).

On to the good: Many of the AEG's parts are metal, pretty much the same deal as the Marui. The one thing that was really fun was the bolt. It is very strong and gives a nice metallic CHUNK when its pulled backwards. My one complaint is that it often refuses to catch; sometimes it takes four tries until the bolt catches.

Overall, it looks like it'll be a great skirmish gun. Still, IMHO Chinese clones (ECHO1 at least) are still not quite up to par. My friend himself is already thinking of selling it and buying a TM or a CA. However, IMO its a good newbie gun if you want a decent SOCOM.

—Render

Oh, I should also add that the gun is kind of front-heavy (even with the battery in). Also, a large type battery would hardly fit. We had to remove the fuse housing and wrap the fuse in electrical tape for there to be enough room for the battery. The safety's kind of a pain in the *albatross* IMO, but I guess its like that for all M14's; I felt like I'd strip my fingernail if I had to disengage it quickly. Finally, that entire section along the top of the front part of the gun is plastic, which I didn't like.

Sorry for not having any info on how it shoots; by the time we'd figured out how to fit the battery in and charged it a bit, it was too dark outside.

edit

Regarding the mag problem: This was especially annoying to me because I'm used to the M16 and the G36 type mags that you simply push in. This was sort of like a really weak MP5 mag; the front top of the mag had to be put in first and then the back is pushed in. I have no problem with this, but whatever catches the front of the mag on this M14 is so weak that the mag often just falls out two, maybe three times in a row.

Edited by Render
Having to rock the mag in is normal for all M14s and AKs, does take a bit of getting used to.

I know, I should make it clear that I understand that. I owned an AK for a few months, and I'm used to loading mags that way (although I don't prefer it). It's not how the mag is put in that bothers me; its that whatever catches it on this model is really, really weak.

i tried the ECHO1 model too. the battery which comes with it sucks as it blew out the fuse with a 2 second full auto. i can't get the body apart for some reason and the firing selector blows. don't see how you'd have a problem with the safety though. The TM is way better.

The front mag catch is supposed to be "weak." At least on my Marui it has a spring to fold it a bit inwards. Many times it saves the mag from falling, when the magazine isn't perfectly aligned when rocking in.

If by weak you mean pot metal or plastic (don't have AGM so don't know), then I understand. :P

Yes, I took the plunge. I have a TM M14 in OD on its way to me from A2. I took full advantage of the £220 deal :P Unfortunately they had run out of the wood stocks, but on the plus side a mate of mine has a wood effect stock spare :D

Anyone know of a nice cheap scope mount? I dont fancy having to pay £40 for one..