M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been looking at getting a cheek rest for my soc 16 (I'm a big bugger) but I thought that one wouldn't fit as it requires drilling throught the stock where the battery is. If you have any piccys of the internal side of things where your drilled through?

Yes, you need to drill 1/4" holes into the stock. It was very easy. What I did was mark on the outside of the stock where the battery compartment is. Because the battery compartment angles upwards in the stock, you will want to mark a hole for the front screw about 1/4" above the battery compartment, and then just line up for the hole in the back. A square would come in handy at that part. The screws do not interfere with the stock wires, but I found it easier to put the wire through the stock before putting on the cheek rest.

Here are the holes I cut. The holes on the front were actually a little too low that they interfered with my battery, so had to recut a bit higher. Remember, it pays to measure twice and cut once, hell, even measure 3 times and cut once. Also didn't help that I only had a 1/8" drill bit.

Cheekrest13Medium.jpg

As for pictures of the battery compartment, it was terribly hard for me to do so on my cheap digital camera and having to rely on the flash. The red circle shows the part of the battery compartment that I had to drill through to allow the screw to go in. I can still fit my 8.4v 3000mah battery inside. :)

CheekrestMedium.jpg

That's the best example of a circle i think ive ever seen :D

I like the idea of having a larger cheek rest but i think ild rather go for one of the ones that come in a stock pouch.

Hehe, yeah yeah, you know what I mean. So my circle has some straight edges to it. :P

Edited by Badly Browned
Hehe, yeah yeah, you know what I mean. So my circle has some straight edges to it.  :P

Do not try and bend the circle. That's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth: There is no circle.

Then you'll see, that it is not the circle that bends, it is only yourself.

Spoon Boy ftw! :D

Is it also possible to fit a larger battery than 8,4V into the Stock with the cheek rest attached?

PeaceKeeper, what scope mount you got on that CA? Ive heard than a lot of them wont fit.

The mount is a King Arms M14 Scope Mount. It fit perfectly and I was fully expecting it not to fit. It does wobble a little bit but I'm missing one peice of it that would make it not wobble. As far as shooting this little gun stock is shooting well over 180 feet decently accuratly. My 5 G&G Mid Cap mags fed perfectly today and i'm VERY impressed with its combat performance. Aside from the minor things that I dislike about it, its well worth the money I spent on it. A few extra dollars here and there should nicely fix what few things I dislike :)

sweet :)

If its anything like my KART one, it should take version 2 parts.

Might wanna do a search in the china thread in general discussion, im sure the differences (if any) between the agm and KART one would have been mentioned there.

Edited by sturgis

i would set some money aside for a TM motor though, as the one that came i my KART was utter poo..., when i switched stocks and had the receiver lying in my lap, the motorconnections broke off <_< so i cant imagine it beeing very good in performance, unfortunatly it didnt last long enough for me to shoot it to rate on performance...

Edited by sturgis