M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Airsoft Club M14. Everything is cast off of real M14 parts. It should work. And about the price, well, my dad knows a guy who is a gun dealer and he specializes in M1 Garand/M14 parts. :D Hello cheap bolt.

Edited by 101matt1

That sounds a bit like:

"My dads a TV repairman. He's got an awesome set of tools, I can fix it!" -Jeff Spicoli, Fast Times at Ridgemont High

We all know it didn't work out any better in 1982....... ;)

Slainte!

-G

Airsoft Club M14. Everything is cast off of real M14 parts. It should work. And about the price, well, my dad knows a guy who is a gun dealer and he specializes in M1 Garand/M14 parts. :D Hello cheap bolt.

A M14 bolt is that thing that looks like a cover (that usually covers the hop-up on AEGs) and $10 for that is very very very very very low. A real M14 Bolt will deffinetly not work on any airsoft M14 replica Ive seen. A cocking handle, which is what you need, will probably cost the same or more. A real M1A or M14 front sight alone costs around $10 and a real M1A bolt costs over $100. A M1A cocking handle is basicly the same design as the airsoft ones and might fit with some filing and machine tools.

EDIT:

Link isnt working. Anyway type M1A (which is basicly a civilian M14) bolt in on Ebay and you will see how expensive they are. Look at the ones that are ending soon.

It would be pretty much impossible for all the parts on that rifle to be cast off a real M14. I heard that the safety is non-functioning, if thats true, it proves your wrong.

Edited by M14
A M14 bolt is that thing that looks like a cover (that usually covers the hop-up on AEGs) and $10 for that is very very very very very low. A real M14 Bolt will deffinetly not work on any airsoft M14 replica Ive seen. A cocking handle, which is what you need, will probably cost the same or more. A  real M1A or M14 front sight alone costs around $10 and a real M1A bolt costs over $100. A M1A cocking handle is basicly the same design as the airsoft ones and might fit with some filing and machine tools.

EDIT:

Link isnt working. Anyway type M1A (which is basicly a civilian M14) bolt in on Ebay and you will see how expensive they are. Look at the ones that are ending soon.

It would be pretty much impossible for all the parts on that rifle to be cast off a real M14. I heard that the safety is non-functioning, if thats true, it proves your wrong.

Listen. No need to get testy over this stuff. These are toy guns and toy gun parts.

Now. I don't know about elsewhere, but I know I can get a M14 bolt/cocking handle whatever the hell you want to call it, the thing you pull back, for about 10-20 dollars. As far as it fitting, we'll see...

Please now. Back on topic.

EDIT: Also, Yeager knows more than either of us about airsoft guns, and he said that real steel parts will fit it. That's all I know.

Edited by 101matt1

101Matt, a M1A / M14 operating rod (which is the real gun name for the cocking handle) might work on a airsoft replica with some sanding and filing. The real one is the same exact design as the airsoft ones but the dimentions might not be 100% correct. Fulton Armory is selling USGI operating rods for $250, so if you can get one for $20, which I still very highly doubt, get a few and sell them. You can easily get $150 - 175 for one.

101Matt, a M1A / M14 operating rod (which is the real gun name for the cocking handle) might work on a airsoft replica with some sanding and filing. The real one is the same exact design as the airsoft ones but the dimentions might not be 100% correct. Fulton Armory is selling USGI operating rods for $250, so if you can get one for $20, which I still very highly doubt, get a few and sell them. You can easily get $150 - 175 for one.

He needs the op rod handle...he should be able to pick one up.

In North America you might be able to get a bolt or op rod for dirt cheap, but it'll most likely be ###### (but for airsoft, why not). Everyone here is looking at the Ferrari's of M1As. Thompson parts are mad expensive, built solid, and relatively rare...hence the prices you see on eBay. Fulton's (sort of a rip off), Norinco's, and any USGI parts also demand a hefty price as well. Anything off of an USGI M14 (H&R, TRW, Springfield, etc.) would also be VERY rare considering the quantities made available to the public.

Whatever...good luck and let us know how it turns out.

DSCF0006.jpg

Edited by BaBaBooey
Oh my word...

That M14E2 (correct?) is absolutely, positively HOT.

Yeah, E2 or A1. It's built off of Fulton and USGI parts. It's from the batch Airosft Extreme made a few years ago...it's so-so as an airsoft. It was a *badgeress* to put in a good hop-up.

Thanks.

Edit:

Parts -

AEX M14

USGI M2

USGI E2 Sling Set

Fulton Stabilizer

Crappy custom hop-up unit

Prometheus 6.03

DOD/USMC Birtch E2 stock set and hardware (was a pain in the *albatross* to find one in tact). The rubber grip is original!

I think that's about it. It's the same one you see on pg.1 of this thread.

Edited by BaBaBooey

That is one very fine gun there, sir. :) I actually like the pistol grip type stock.

Thanks for the info. I don't need anything expensive for it, since I won't be racking the bolt all the time. Also, Yeager wants to make it clear that he said the Airsoft Club M14 could take some real M14 parts. Just wanted to clear that up.