M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice, will look even better when its finished. I agree, the heatshiled is a tad plasticy. I am getting some harris bipods for mine and a big *albatross* scope :D .

I also want to spray the stock matt black but all the matt finishes i have tried on my other guns have scratched and marked really easily. Can anyone reccommend a spray? I have never used krylon before but i guess if the military and all the guys on here use it then it must be good.

Cheers mate :) I know what you mean about it looking like the CASV. This is what i want it to finally look like:

I have taken the scope and bipods off my brothers kryloned VSR so it looks kinda wierd at the mo but they will be black. What do you guys think?

(Sorry for the ###### picture quality)

DSC00528.jpg

ill take that 360 thank you very much

It's alright, but it's limited when it comes to addon possibilities. No ris, and any kind of internal upgrade is completely out of the question.

Anyway, that nitro ras looks good, better than i expected. Too bad i didn't think of the bottom rail when i decided on the KA version. It seems so useful when you think about it. :rolleyes:

Nah that would last 2 minutes!

I disassembled the gun down to the outer barrel. I took off the flash hider and the bottom section bit. I then marked each mounting hole 100mm up the barrel. I cut the barrel by 100mm and then drilled each mounting hole in the right place. If you cut it from the back there is no need to rethread or reattatch the flash hider.

Hope this helps ya. If you need any more details, just ask ;)

If you look down the gun from the from the barrel end, just underneath the front sight will be a small allen screw. Loosen this enough so that you can unscrew the circular nut thing held within the flash hider directly below the front sight. When loosening this nut pull up on the front sight assembly until it comes off.

To take off the flash-hider you unscrew the round part inside the front side assembly. First you have to unscrew a little hex screw that goes down through the top of the front site.

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

- edit -

Ah I see webbjay beat me to it.

Edited by CapaciousZepher

Here's my UTG M14, sure it's not a TM or G&G but I'm really liking it so far.

m14_1.jpg

m14.jpg

Going for a bit of a DMR set up. Just need a bi-pod and perhaps a silencer to complete it. The "custom" (read bodged together) cheek rest works well but looks a bit homemade, which can be a good or bad thing. I've seen plenty of pics of guys in the sandbox with foam taped to the stocks of their M14's. I like the look.

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

Edited by CapaciousZepher

The UTG is the same as the KART one apparently, which is different from the AGM. Apparently out of the KART/UTG the AGM is better but my UTG seems pretty decent. I've only done some jury rigged tests of range and accuracy so far (results seem pretty positive) because I have to wire the gun to Deans in order to use my batteries.

It takes AGM mags fine, and they feed quite a bit better than the UTG mags, but not perfectly. I'll have to look into what I can do to make them feed a bit better, as well as looking into some lowcaps mags. High caps really aren't my thing.

I believe there is a good thread on the KART M14 on these forums, try searching "KART M14" with the searching function. I believe it uses standard ratio V2 gears as well, instead of the V7 gears of the TM, which is a plus for upgrading.

Although asides from perhaps a TK barrel, I'm going to leave this one pretty much stock.

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

1Apr0382nd6.jpg

Soldiers of Company A, 2nd of the 505th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 82nd Airborne Division provide security while the unit searches for a large cache of weapons in the Kohi Sofi region of Afghanistan, March 27th. Their mission is to locate the weapons which could be ultimately be used against U.S. Forces deployed to Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. (U.S. Army photo by Sgt. 1st Class Milton H. Robinson)

keepin_an_eye_out_LoRes.jpg

m1a_acog.jpg

I had a good updated one awhile back, of a Army guy teaching Iraqi police how to use them, it was an M1A with the smaller ACOG (T81 or some such, the one on issued USMC rifles, etc.)

I'll try to find that one, and more.