M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think you're right, but what about barrel legths. I heard somewhere that the sniper had a short barrel.

Barrel length, I'm not too sure. I don't think it was significantly shorter but uses a match grade barrel. I believe it was the gas piston that was different on the M21 (you really can't see it).

Basically build a replica M14NM, throw on an ARTEL scope (ART or ART-II for a late model...M84 for an early model) and you'll get an M21. I'd suggest using a Leatherwood M600 (which is a close replica of the M21 ART scope...some differences, like the rings and mount, but at first glance looks like an ART).

Some other physical differences were the NM sights (front and rear) and the selector lock (I believe they all had the connector arm). If the Marui is a 1:1 replica you can just buy Springfield Match sights and throw them on. You can also buy a demilled USGI selector lock and connector arm, but I'm not sure how you would go about installing that on an airsoft M14.

If your really hardcore you might also want the DOD and proofing marks on your stock.

Hope this helps.

Picture update time! :)

m14e.jpg

Added the king arms ras and harris bipod.

Just a quick sidenote: if you're planning to use this ras on a classic army m14, be prepared to bring out the metal files. The clips at the rear end that are supposed to fit over the stock are a little too close together. It's mostly the one on the right hand side, since the ones on the left are a bit longer.

So if it doesn't smoothly move over the stock, don't think "oh, i'll just push it over anyway, and since it's so tight it'll definitely stay on properly". Cause you can scratch up your stock pretty badly. And then it will pop off again.

put one of those twist barrels on the TM M14 and your grouping would be amazing.

Are you sure about that? I've heard some negative things about those. I thought they were only effective in shooter distances, I could be wrong. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll do more research on this. I'm already picking out gearbox parts, and I think i'm going with the G&P 7mm gearbox set with the bushings,piston, and the torque up spur gear.

*snip*

Hope this helps.

Definitely helpful! I will be writing this stuff down for sure! Thank you very much! :)

Here´s a little updated pic from my M14:

*image*

Or should i say M21, since it doesent shoot full-auto anymore, it shoots "bit" over forumlimits :) Hope those Krylons arrive soon, so i can give it a nice paintjob.

Very nice 21, is that a CA? Also, how did you limit it to semi only?? I never wanted mine to be auto at all, but thats all it shoots now. <_<

Is that an m3? looks great. Where'd you get the scope, the extender and the butler lens covers?

I've been trying to get hold of the lot but cant find the butlers or suitable scope extender.

It's an M3 replica by KA. I bought it secondhand, came with butlercreek covers + extender. I don't know where he bought the lot sorry.

It is TM, in TM it is really simple just remove one small part:

Plain simpel, atleast it works on TM M14.

Again, forgive my ignorance, but where is that part? Im thinking its the linkage between the selector and the gearbox, but the one on my TM is a little different.

Thanks!

EDIT: Found it, it was on the other side lol Will removing this eliminate auto completely? Because all my 14 (and my M15 <_< ) shoots is auto, even when its on Semi. All I wanted was semi, and instead i got full auto.

Edited by Plymouth Roadrunner

Yea she is upgraded, with a spring, metal bearings, piston, piston head, and tigthbore. She shot on auto ever since I got her (I had it upgraded for me). Same thing with my M15 also. Its OK, Im used to it now, with a quick trigger pull I can squeeze one shot off.