M14 Picture Thread

Thanks a lot Tomster.

A question on the EBR kits....when you rewire the gearbox to obviously put the battery up front, how much of a pain in the *albatross* is that to do? Also is there any other major modding aside from the rewiring?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzRPa6d4L50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYcUKzji1mA

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats money dude. Thanks

He makes it look so easy...is it really that easy to install? lol

altho i must point out that the G&P version is diffrent to the TGS version. it may require you to take the motor mount off and replace it with the one supplied, also the barrel conversion will be needed if you are having the shorty version.

My Classic Army M14

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y102/chao...ed/DSC01999.jpg

Kings Arms Scope, BSA 4x Scope.

-Madbull Version 2 Tightbore

-Systema Hop-up Packing

-H Hop

DP

Nice and clean and smooth, I like it. Hows the Madbull Barrel doing? Any decrease in accuracy from stock or anything bad from stock? I'm looking at one for my beast when It gets done (Ehobby took ages to ship my internals and now i'm waiting for them)

Madbull barrel is doing great. Everyone says they're bad, but I've only had good expeirences with them. I had my Madbull barrel in before the H Hop or scope and it made a big difference.

My CA M14's accuracy was alittle lower then I wanted stock. The sights were way off and even when i tried to adjust them, I could never get the bb to go where the sights were. It was hard to compensate. To give you a picture, I was finding it hard to hit a regular piece of printer paper at a 100 feet. Maybe 2 out of 10 times With my new setup it's really easy, like 8-10 times.

I love my CA M14, I don't regreat buying it. Thanks for telling me how to get to the Hop-up chamber. Couldn't have done it without you.

DP

*I posted this in the M14 Brotherhood section, but I figure I might get more response here*

Hey guys, I've got my SOC16 upgraded to a point where I love the performance, I just don't quite love the ergonomics of the thing.

I bought the G&G thinking I could fit it to an EBR kit later, but found out that there is no kit that'll fit the G&G.

Now my questions:

1) What is it that keeps it from fitting any of the EBR kits (TH, G&P, etc..)?

2) Are there any plans that you've heard of (I haven't) of an EBR kit that'll accomodate G&G?

Thanks in advance!

The EBR kits have very tight tolerances, and I imagine the motor of the g&g m14 is one of the biggest problems. The difference between the gearboxes might also prevent it from fitting into the ebr kit smoothly.

Appreciate the response!

This brings up other questions in my mind. I've replaced the motor with a TM EG1000. Is it then the G&G motor housing that's the problem (I assume)?

Do the CA versions have dimensions similar to the G&G, or closer to the TM?

I know it's a very detail oriented question, but would you happen to know about how much off the G&G is? Think a file/dremel could bring parts to within tolerance? Or no chance in hell?

:D Thanks again. I'm an M4 guy and fussing with the M14's has brought up a whole host of new questions.

Hm, got a chance to read this little gem here: http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index...45995.msg496839

Looks like I'm SOL unless G&G decides to release an EBR kit themselves. Proprietary lots of things! That GB is massive!

Perhaps I'll settle to keep it in it's RAS'd form. Possibly toy with the idea of a wooden stock. In other words, play to the strengths of the G&G.

I do rather enjoy the ease with which I can fit a 9.6 3800 mAh battery in that huge G&G stock though.

Hm, got a chance to read this little gem here: http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index...45995.msg496839

Looks like I'm SOL unless G&G decides to release an EBR kit themselves. Proprietary lots of things! That GB is massive!

Perhaps I'll settle to keep it in it's RAS'd form. Possibly toy with the idea of a wooden stock. In other words, play to the strengths of the G&G.

I do rather enjoy the ease with which I can fit a 9.6 3800 mAh battery in that huge G&G stock though.

My hopes for some people is that with the release of the CA M14 that a G&G Compatable EBR, M14E2 and M21DMR Stocks will shortly follow. The price on the CA is unbeatable and its a damn good deal. The GB is massive for a reason, G&G intended to keep their guns running even after the assortment of gearbox upgrades people do. I know my friend plans on running an M160 in his G&G, I have plans to run an M150 in mine. My TM buddy is scared to run anything above an M130. (All of those are semi auto) The G&G Was built to be the DMR role with high spring powers and semi auto function (Thats why the spring release is there too!!!)