M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

that there is a 100% real authentic, used before USMC M14 Rifle Stock made of Fiberglass, modified to fit the TM Internals... check out LINKY! for the process....

Regardless, there's still a hole in the stock. Can't say I blame Sig552 for his comment. Whatever, look 'aight.

Regardless, there's still a hole in the stock. Can't say I blame Sig552 for his comment. Whatever, look 'aight.

Its hard to get something like that done w/out going thru the wall of the stock, I'm lucky thats how small they are... By the end of the week I'll have the holes patched and maybe a new paintjob done on it :D Give me some time to fix it up and I promise an extremly beautiful gun

Well I dont like the feel of the TM plastic stocks, its too plasticy and the fiberglass stock had the feel that i'm used to so naturally i switched. I had bought the first gun that came in stock and it was the Wood one so it was the one i bought. That and few people can say they have a real M14 stock on their M14 ;)

ima be joining you guys soon enough just ordered mine from poweredgeusa.com and should be here on wednesday. any ideas on what scope mount i have 50 bucks os i thought about the tokyo mauri m14 scope mount and then saving up and putting an replica acog on it. and its the fake wood version. what do you guys think?

ima be joining you guys soon enough just ordered mine from poweredgeusa.com and should be here on wednesday. any ideas on what scope mount i have 50 bucks os i thought about the tokyo mauri m14 scope mount and then saving up and putting an replica acog on it. and its the fake wood version. what do you guys think?

Sounds awesome :) Long live the M14 Brotherhood!

yeah. and urpeacekeeper in your sig is that how the fake wood looks like when you get it. or is that a wood stock?

Thats the fake wood stock! If your buying it for looks its a great looking stock, probably just a tad on the bright side (at least in my opinion) but for skirmishing I dont like it because it is very touchy and plasticky and i'm affraid to break it! Hence the reason why I switched over to a real M14 stock :)

I Just finished cleaning up my stock and metal with some silicon oil... I still havent had time to patch the holes yet in the stock :( thats another mission for another day but the gun looks friggen amazing!  Sorry if they are large pictures lol.

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg

IMG_0667.jpg

Do you know if the fiberglass and USGI wood stock are the same dimension?

Yuck, I never choose plastic/fiber over wood. Wood rocks, wood can be carved, wood is natural, wood is classy and hardcore.

I would normally agree except on an airsoft gun in which the gun gets banged around and certain area's have to be made extremely thin or you have to pay out ur *albartroth* for a decent wood stock, fiberglass is a MUCH better choice since if you break through a wall when holowing it out all you need to do to repair it is get a fiberglass repair kit and presto like new. (Granted a can or three of spray paint)

However on a REAL gun wood am teh secksayest.

I've done it!

Real M14 birch wood stock converted into a TM m14 stock with real steal butt plate and real steal firberglass hande guard. This project took me a week of on and off work. Last night I finally finished it. I made two minor mistakes. One the a small hole in the bottom side of the grip and another is a nother hole in the battery compartment. I used some epoxy to patch them up. I also installed a Prometheus tight bore. By shooting coke cans, I estimate my M14 shoots around 350 fps.

m14wood.jpg

I've done it!

Real M14 birch wood stock converted into a TM m14 stock with real steal butt plate and real steal firberglass hande guard. This project took me a week of on and off work. Last night I finally finished it. I made two minor mistakes. One the a small hole in the bottom side of the grip and another is a nother hole in the battery compartment. I used some epoxy to patch them up. I also installed a Prometheus tight bore. By shooting coke cans, I estimate my M14 shoots around 350 fps.

m14wood.jpg

That is sweet

Was that a regular sized Birch M14 stock or did you opt for the heavier Big Red Birch ones? Are there any areas of weakness I should look out for?

It's a big red birch. The area under the motor will be pretty thin, so be careful there. But I wouldn't worry much about the strength of the stock too much. The big red birch is pretty thick in every demension. I skirmished with my M14 in a full-day game, and it did great.