M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just because a rifle may not be "CQB" friendly doesn't mean it won't be used. Sometimes you have no other option. And I've seen numerous people using the EBR in MOUT situations like Irene so I'd imagine its not a huge issue.

I won't get into the PEQ because its battery and realism issue that isn't worth debating.

EDIT: Bolded for emphasis.

Edited by Agent Hunk

Got my M14 today and it's stunning. I don't see what everyone was on about when they said it was heavy and I find the length perfect, but I am quite tall :) Mag changes take some getting used after using an M16 for so long but my god I love it!

Buy a Guarder Bipod Pin Adaptor for the TM M14. Found mine on ebay for cheap, works great on my CA M14 ;)

Thanks for that I'll get on ebay now an have a look, pics to follow :D

And I agree M14 + rails = SEX :P

Edited by TheJackal

people critiscised the weight?

anyhoo, congrats on getting an M14, it should serve you well.

and i seriously dont see what you guys see in EBRs and RASed guns. they just look hideously ugly to me. lord sex's statement about stock M14s not looking as nice almost made my head explode :P

IMPOSSIBLE! DOES...NOT...COMPUTE!!! REALITY COMPROMISED! EEEEERROR! *boom*

I agree with plague here. M14 w/o rails is a thing of beauty. the EBR may be more practical for some but it certanly isn't going to win any beauty contests (especially if a proper M14 is entering ;)). I guess I'm also one of the anti-lego brigade as well. I'm working out a way to fit an eotech, laser and tac light all on a single, stanard rail.

Edited by CobaltSky

if you need a tac light or laser, barrel mount it. or perhaps screw a very short bit of RAS on the underside at the front. might look interesting with a small laser on the bayonet lug.

and yes al, it gets dark here in essex :) but what good are tac lights in woodland, all they do is say "YOOHOO! IM OVER HERE FOLKS" its undeniable that your enemy ends up with a better target that you do. same for lasers in woodland.

I nlike both EBR's and classic M14's. I'm just going with classic M14 DMR setup because I don't have enough money for an EBR and they don't make one for a G&G. and IMO G&G new M14's are the best bang for your buck.

Taclights are extremely useful in woodland night soft. You can use it to find your way ( may want a red filter for that). Or for lightng up enemy postions (jut be aware you will have to extract fast if you either didn't take them all out or there is more tangoes in the area) and finding lost items.

CobaltSky, you could get a STAR S-Lap/D-Lap (the one with the rail on top), mount a taclight on that rail then a Eotech on a riser mount to see above the laser/taclight.

Taclights are extremely useful in woodland night soft. You can use it to find your way ( may want a red filter for that). Or for lightng up enemy postions (jut be aware you will have to extract fast if you either didn't take them all out or there is more tangoes in the area) and finding lost items.

all of which will end in you being seen and probably shot. as for lost items, what kind of an excuse to have a tac light is that???

"hey jimbob, why do you have a taclight on that minigun?"

"in case i loose something, lol"

and i still say for the lighting up enemy positions suggestion it will end in, "oh look a bloke with a torch strapped to his gun, he looks rather obvious, lets shoot him"

I was thinking along the lines of urban nightops, but its not really that important to me. I mainly do woodland but my team has found that a laser can be useful for designating targets or drawing team mates' attention to certain objects. Tac light not so much, but I'd like the flexibility.

I don't like barrel mounts because they always seem to brake on me. I've lost an expensive green laser that way, so now I prefer to keep everything on the reciever. This is easier on the AUG because it has a long enough rail to let me use a double sided offset mount, but the M14 rail is too short. In the end it isn't going to be on there most of the time so I wanted to keep the cost down.

Edited by CobaltSky

Tac lights are handy only if you are with in close range of the enemy and are sure you can hit them, usually done in a surprise type envirnment but you arn't 100% sure of there exact location. Then spray and move away. Without it you may miss your target and have a SHTF situation arise.

And, so this isn't spam (ignore the armalite),

PC090691.jpg

interesting debate. I have always been of the opinion that it is better to have and not need rather than the other way round. I mount the eotech laser and ir illuminator on my ebr for night games. That isn't overkill and does what I need it to do in tandem with my nv setup. Ymmv.

That one was one of the original run built by Marui. I received it in September (?) or so of 2005, I believe. I sold to a teammate earlier this year who still has it in pretty much that configuration except with a RAS. It was a homebrewed Scout length before those fancy-schmancy short outer barrel kits were available. OD base with tan, brown and grey grass/leaf stencil work. Stock heatshield, Spectergear CST 3-point sling and the same 3-9 Baush & Lomb scope that's now on my Scout pictured elsewhere.

Pics I had of that rifle are gone, sorry. If you look at my black Scout, it's essentially the same setup except for the Scout heatshield and a Springfield replica scope mount vs. the ARMS KA replica mount that I have now.