M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My M14 with the new UTG 4x32 scope on it. Also Pictured is my new Pro Tec Helmet as well as Ramstein's new CD Rosenrot (great music =)) TM Hi Capa 5.1 (I dare you to notice my 1337 MSN paint skills...

(yes those are real .45 Steel shell casings from 1945, yes those are US Quarters, they look gold because of the light, kinda a cool effect)

107-0702_IMG.jpg

EDIT: Gorfot Picture...

Edited by UrPeaceKeeper

Can somebody explain why people put cell phones, coins, CD's, driver licens, ect... in their gun pictures.

Does this mean I can put diapers and plungers and Ipods in my next gun photo?

I guess some things are exceptable for like a CIA agent or Private Security themed photos... but BHD?

Can somebody explain why people put cell phones, coins, CD's, driver licens, ect... in their gun pictures.

Does this mean I can put diapers and plungers and Ipods in my next gun photo?

I guess some things are exceptable for like a CIA agent or Private Security themed photos... but BHD?

Well, aside from being direly off topic... Delta forces work undercover as well, as the fiction character Hoot did in BHD. Things such as cell phones, coinage, and all that stuff, fit the theme quite well. TBH my loadout is based on Shugharts loadout BUT it is NOT his spacific loadout (I'm no where near it now, still waiting on a giftcard for xmas and my bday) I still find it funny that everyone conects the M21/M14 and modern combat to BHD, sad really.

PS: Did anyone see the fire selector on Shughart's M21? Look in some of the scenes where it shows him capping people, you can clearly see his M21 has a fire selector on it 0.o

Tef, looks good man, would look better with a wood stock of course!

Sorry Ur, but the props in that photo don't work for me at all. Look I can understand with Glocks and P226s putting cell phones, radios, ID badges because it works for the police/security/secretservice angle, but here it doesn't work.

Looks like a crazy slot-machine playing soldier, rather than something BHD. And personally if I was doing a BHD style photo I'd have the gun on cement wall or dirty road as that fits the BHD backdrop better. Also as a photo tip, light that more uniformally, the M14 gets lost in the backdrop.

I don't mind photoprops, but be conservative or you're going to make the viewer wonder what the focus of the image is to begin with.

I KNOW thats why I'm pointing it out, watch that scene again, his M21 has a fire selector on it...

Surely, what he meant was M21s have fire selectors. hence it's nothing special abt him having a fire selector on his rifle....

Any recommendations on wood stocks for the TM M14? I see Pro Arms, which looks like it isn't hardwood, but it's $150, much less than the CAW stock which is over $300. The G&G walnut stock is less, could it be made fit the TM m14 easily or no?

Edited by DanHS

nice cheek pad... from here: http://www.imageseek.com/karsten/gallery/custom ?

I was planning to do that before I saw the ebr kit... how did it fit/install? does it block the battery compartment?

m14-5.jpg

m14-4.jpg

m14-3.jpg

M14-1.jpg

My typical OD TM-M14/scope/bipod/sling set up. The only diffference between this one and eveyone else's is the adjustable kydex cheek rest mount on it (which helps head stability enormously and looks great!).

OD TM M14

harris bipod BR model

real USGI OD sling

Adjustable Kydex cheek rest

Barska scope

Prometheus 6.03 precision barrel

custom steel bushings

Guarder spring guide

system POM piston head (for durability and quietness)

systema m120 spring

On the way: G&P scope mount and King arms QD throw ring sets (to interchange b/t the AP scope and barska scope in seconds)

I'm still waiting for the correct high torque helical gears when they somehow make it fit in the tiny gearbox, an enhanced cylinder, and helical piston to complete the 450+ fps m14 that I dreamed of.

Until then, I like my m-14s simple, clean, and practical. For all the Prometheus precision barrel users, I bow to you. They are super accurate: I was able to hit a golf ball-sized lemon that was about 70 feet away in 2 shots (the 4x-16x scope really helped, you can actually see the bb trail)!

anyways, keep sending in the m-14 pics! they are absolutely awesome and they encouraged me to share mine!

Oh yeah, and fitting the (yes) Karsten kydex cheek piece was easy but slightly comlicated. I had to measure it so that the screws that go through the stock did not interfere with the fuse placement and the battery. the 1/4 inch screws ended up going through clean and nicely through the hollow top part of the stock where all the wires come from. The battery still fits (I was hoping it could so that I can still put a 10.8V battery in it for upgrades later on). Hope it may inspire you guys for that "unique" look!

GetUp, looks great with that cheekpiece, I'd love to have one of those on my wood stock'd M14, but not sure how those cheekpieces look on the more traditional wood stock. Still very cool, if you replaced that black handguard with the more mid-tone fiberglass brown one you'd have a nice looking pseudo-DMR style gun.

Hey, what barrel lengths are you guys all (or mostly) using? M16 length (509mm)?

EDIT: what's the longest barrel you can fit in? w/o it sticking out...

I'm using the extended M16A2 km tn barrel, modified the notches to fit in the new M14 hopup, runs 550mm.

So 50mm longer than the stock M14 barrel, can't say anything over 500mm is gonna really add anything to the accuracy.