M14 Picture Thread

lol then I'm robbing peter to pay paul, the Leupold from my other M14 would then leave that M14 nekkid.

So frankly either the EO 552 goes on the EBR or the 511 does. Of course that doesn't prevent me from swapping for whatever situation comes up.

But overall you guys think the 511 is too small for that gun?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For my EBR, I was just going stick a normal aimpoint and ARMS #22 replica on it, but I think I'll try something different and go with the KA Docterish Reflex Sight.

Here's a pic of the look I'm going after (minus the CQB stock):

sage_cqb_small_a.jpg

Edited by davedawg123

Alright, i got ya. Go with the AA version imo i think it looks better than the N version.

EBR's are so nice, i wouldnt even be able to assemble one though lol.

Edited by Milla
lol then I'm robbing peter to pay paul, the Leupold from my other M14 would then leave that M14 nekkid.

I hear ya. I'll put it this way, your PTW looks better with the 511 on it IMHO, so you might as well keep the 552 on your EBR. I mean either way you'll end up with two perfectly functional guns.

Then I think the 552 will go on the EBR, unless anyone has a better idea. And ideas that don't involve asking me to give the 552 to them, lol.

I personally only own a 552 since it has the night vision settings. Use the 552 if your using night vision; it's by far the coolest sight ever in the dark and a ton of fun to use with a pair of NVG's. A thousand times better than the Aimpoint M2.

You mean better when it comes to NV, or better in general? I'd say they are both pretty quality optics overall.

Even my 511 does pretty well at night I must admit. It doesnt wash out the target or run your eye's night vision. (BTW EOTech + P90 + nighttime = OMG Splinter Cell)

You mean better when it comes to NV, or better in general? I'd say they are both pretty quality optics overall.

Even my 511 does pretty well at night I must admit. It doesnt wash out the target or run your eye's night vision. (BTW EOTech + P90 + nighttime = OMG Splinter Cell)

I don't own a 511, but from what I've been told, they are not NVG compatabale....so I went with the 552.

Through my M2 it's very easy to loose the dot even at it's highest NVG settings. When I use my 552, the reticle shows up through my NVG's much much brighter and is "white" in color...kind of hard to explain. Again, from what I've been told the 511 doesn't have these settings.

What I really like about the EOTech at night is the screen instead of a tube...almost like using an IR pointer. Another reason why I like the EOTech over an Aimpoint.

Edited by LeMongelo

Yes you are right about the 511. I'm just talking about how mine works strictly with my eye at night. While we're on the subject, when you press that NV button on your EOTech, does it switch over to an IR laser, or does it just set the reticle to a lower brightness setting than the non-NVG models?

Yes you are right about the 511. I'm just talking about how mine works strictly with my eye at night. While we're on the subject, when you press that NV button on your EOTech, does it switch over to an IR laser, or does it just set the reticle to a lower brightness setting than the non-NVG models?

No...it is completely passive. If my opponent had NVG's, they can't pick up where I am aiming at. Like I said, the "screen" is so wide, it's almost like having a IR pointer.

It's just a very low brightness setting. From what I've read, its a setting which is extremely low and can only be picked up by NVG.

Edited by LeMongelo
I hear ya. I'll put it this way, your PTW looks better with the 511 on it IMHO, so you might as well keep the 552 on your EBR. I mean either way you'll end up with two perfectly functional guns.

Yeah the 552 will stay on the EBR. When I get the PVS14, and you guys know me...I will, I'll use the 552 on whatever gun I need the NV on. But otherwise I'll leave the EO 511 on the M4 PTW, so good call guys, thanks for the advice. Good 'ol forum users being the voice of reason.

Now as for the 552, LeMongelo is right, it's totally passive. You can't see it with your eyes. It just kicks it into the lowest visible mode possible. What I hated about the Aimpoint M2, used to own one, is that you are forced to go through the NV settings to get to the visible modes. I have used a PVS14 with an aimpoint m2 setup, while it's usable, in the variable grain the point is WAY easy to lose. The EO reticle is about as great as it gets.

Anyways, yeah even at the lowest setting the 511 will cause serious blooming by using NV, i.e turn up your EO to the brightest setting, see how it blooms almost to the point of being annoying, that's how the lowest setting of the 511 (non-nv) looks on a PVS system.

do marui mags work with the G&G M14's?

another question for you guys, do M14 mags fit in m16 pouches?

thanks

and another question lol, whats the cheapest scope mount for the m14, will the G&P mount for the marui m14 work on the G&G

sorry for all the questions, im debating wether i should buy a G&G m14 or not

Edited by Tunershark

Marui mags aren't compatible with the G&G.

One M14 mag will fit in a double M16 pouch.

G&P and Pro-arms, I think it was, seem to be cheapest. I have the G&P for my TM M14 it works perfectly. Not sure if it would work on the G&G though.

Buy the TM M14, and you won't have to worry about the TM compatibility. :)

thanks

can anyone confirm if the G&P mount will work on the G&G?? i found an NCstar m14 mount on kapowwe for only 26$

check it out: http://www.kapowwe.com/Merchant2/merchant....es_Rails-Mounts

does this look reliable to you?

id like to know, i might just buy the G&G

ALSO; to mount a harris bipod on an M14 you need some kind of little adapter right? if so can someone send me a link please

thanks

Edited by Tunershark
hi guys,

Do you know how to remove the rear sight (the actual hole you look trough that goes up and down) on a TM M14?

Cheers (+1 for useful info)

Evert 72

Well you will see a screw slot on the right, just on the adjustment nob. unscrew that while holding on to the nob on the other side to prevent it rotating with the screw. once the screw is out take out the nobs on both sides and the top of the housing can be removed. after tht the sight can be taken out.

hope this helps.

Well you will see a screw slot on the right, just on the adjustment nob. unscrew that while holding on to the nob on the other side to prevent it rotating with the screw. once the screw is out take out the nobs on both sides and the top of the housing can be removed. after tht the sight can be taken out.

hope this helps.

just the bit which moves up and down?