M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks!

the brown sopmod will be going to a new home this sunday...fortunately, it's staying in the team. THe green one is a teammates' sopmod. There were a few issues with it so I had to fix it up.

1) switch kept getting stuck on full auto. fixed it by filing the "nipple" on the contact inside the microswitch.

2) worn out motor brushes. replaced from donot CA motor.

3) low fps and misfeeding when using aftermarket hopup bucking. all fixed now.

4) weight reduction. replaced the stock outer barrel with a cut-down TM M14 outer barrel which is much lighter than the AStar one.

1) switch kept getting stuck on full auto. fixed it by filing the "nipple" on the contact inside the microswitch.

This happend after i replaced the gears on my gun yesterday...

jesus it scared me on a 9.6v that just stuck in auto

did you have to grid down the little stubs on the slide that hits the relay swtich? That part got stock keeping it in auto...used some white lithuim too...

did you use a CA as a donor? working good...

my donor

DSCF0739.jpg

Looking good as always Keyser

This happend after i replaced the gears on my gun yesterday...

jesus it scared me on a 9.6v that just stuck in auto

did you have to grid down the little stubs on the slide that hits the relay swtich?  That part got stock keeping it in auto...used some white lithuim too...

did you use a CA as a donor? working good...

my donor

DSCF0739.jpg

Looking good as always Keyser

yes i did file down the little stubs/nipple and put some dielectric grease on the contacts.

for the motor, I kept the original motor, but just transplanted the motor brushes from a CA motor.

cool! systema motor! how did you do that?

yes i did file down the little stubs/nipple and put some dielectric grease on the contacts.

for the motor, I kept the original motor, but just transplanted the motor brushes from a CA motor.

cool!  systema motor!  how did you do that?

I had a store called Long island airsoft do it for me, but basicly you need to open up a donor Systema motor and the origonal star. once you have that set, you need to take the systema shaft (m4) and toss that, or save it (i dunno).. then transplant the Star motor shaft into the systema, from there i dont know if there is any more custom work, thats all i saw then i left...

hope it helps

mercy

A Q for you M14 users out there. I'm looking at getting one myself (after watching Tears of the Sun, I have to have one :P).

Though I'd want a flat-top mount as opposed to the one that screws on the side (This one to be precise). Has anyone used these or knows about them? I just want to check that it's not gonna be loads of work to fit it...).

Any insights muchly appreciated.

Cheers

:geek:

Well in case no one gives you a definite answer, I've read that the KA scope mount base and RAS sets needed a little filing to fit properly on the TM M14, so at worst, I'd expect the same from that mount.

Hey,

Could anyone post up some Socom 16 pics?

I'm really interested in one but i think I'm gonna run into the same prob with a 16 as I did with the Ak.

Not enough to do to the externals...

My feelings on the socom 16 are the same as on the AK, ris's should be illegal.

So i'm lookin to cheat on my armalites with a nice classy 16.

Anyone got any good pics of em painted/wooded/nice optic'd?

Saw a few pics in this massive thread but not many. The full size def dominates.

Some one show off a nice Socom 16 :D