M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ive got a question, is there any way to put a 9.6v battery into the m14 stock?  my 8.4v 3300 mah battery hardly fits, so what can i do?

The quickest most efficient way is to remove the entire back end of the stock and put it in that way. Or you can be like me and buy the 9.6v battery pack from www.onlybatterypacks.com that is 1700 mAh and smaller then an 8.4 battery! =)

Shughart uses an Aimpoint on his M21. Any Aimpoint replica will do!

Edited by UrPeaceKeeper
I'm still not a fan of the EBR yet,  I just cant quite understand the need really.  Maybe some more EBR pictures could change that attitude?

I bring good news! R22 has graciously Granted us the ability to have our own forum for the Brotherhood. In light of Elreys comment about more pictures, I think its well fiting to say that if you have questions about the gun you should probably post em there :)

i just thought i would share my discovery with everyone. I have fitted my m14 with an Eagle Industries Cheek Rest. With the pouch on the side I can comfortably conceal a 9.6 3600mah Nimh in this pouch(its an intellect battery) and shoulder the rifle comfortably without my hand bumping it. To re-wire it i have taken out the trap door on the back(very easy) and pulled out about 4.5 cm of the wiring and had each wire sit in the grooves of what used to be the mounting bracket of the trap door. All you can see is about 1 centimeter of red and black wire coming from the back of the rifle into the pouch.

i just thought i would share my discovery with everyone. I have fitted my m14 with an Eagle Industries Cheek Rest. With the pouch on the side I can comfortably conceal a 9.6 3600mah Nimh in this pouch(its an intellect battery) and shoulder the rifle comfortably without my hand bumping it. To re-wire it i have taken out the trap door on the back(very easy) and pulled out about 4.5 cm of the wiring and had each wire sit in the grooves of what used to be the mounting bracket of the trap door. All you can see is about 1 centimeter of red and black wire coming from the back of the rifle into the pouch.

Nice! My M14 uses a smaller then 8.4, 9.6 1700 mAh Battery and it fits inthe stock with ease :)

I bring good news! R22 has graciously Granted us the ability to have our own forum for the Brotherhood.  In light of Elreys comment about more pictures, I think its well fiting to say that if you have questions about the gun you should probably post em there :)

Well if that isn't a good reason for getting an M14, what is?!

:P

I have another n00bish question that I will probably get flamed for:

Which bloody battery do I use for the TM M14? I figured 8.4V would be best...but there's too many mAh (?) to choose from! Please help. Thankyou kindly.

The more mAh, the longer battery life you get. Choose whichever suits your needs. Some of the larger capacity batteries might have a wee bit of trouble getting in and out of the stock though due to it's slightly larger size. TM made that battery door a little too small.

To anyone with the EBR stock:

I've only got a couple questions about it. 1) How easy is it to install? 2) Is it permanent? as in if i felt like going back to the normal stock for a game could I change it back? 3) Where can you pick one up and for how much?

I have to say, I used to hate the EBR stock, but its grown on me, but I don't want to buy two M14s to fill both my loves of wood and EBR stocks.

1) Installation is pretty simple. Just a matter of removing the old stock and wiring, slipping on the new stock and putting on the new wiring, and changing your current battery to a mini tamiya. Soldering experience helps.

2) The change is not permanent if you save your old wiring and stock. You just need to resolder the wires.

3) I bought mine Dentrinityshop.com. AEX also carries them.

On a side note, I did run into some issues.

First, be sure you tape your wires on tight where necessary. Otherwise, the wires can get in the way and the stock can chew them up. I noticed a little bit of this towards the rear on the motor. Gave me some contact issues early on, but I got it sorted.

Next, the trigger guard assembly was a *badgeress* to put on the EBR stock initially. Hammer fixed that though.

Last, my Sanyo battery pack had some thick *albatross* wires. Too thick to fit in the mini tamiya connector. I ended up accidentally shorting it a couple times because of this and I think it might be junk now. I bought a new battery pack in the mean time with the mini tamiya already installed. Works like a charm. I'll try to sort out the other battery when I get a chance.

I don't have any prior AEG disassembling experience (not unless I count my Academy L85 gearbox explosion fiasco) but I do have some mechanical experience. All you need to keep in mind is not to strip the screws. My obsessive compulsive nature does not mix well with screws. <_<

Edited by davedawg123