M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One thing I've noticed with my M14 that kind of bugs me, when I bring it into the aim I instinctively place my cheek on the butt to align my eye with the ironsights. The scope I've fitted sits a good inch or two higher, so I have to make a real conscious effort to place head a little higher, and that position really isn't too comfortable.

So, best resolution of this is to add a cheek rest. I've seen a couple of M14's fitted with the material ammo holders with an incorporated cheek rest, but haven't had much luck finding anything suitable. Can anyone point me in the direction of a UK supplier to get one from?

Cheers!

Edited by Rosco151

I had considered a lower mount, just wondering if there's anywhere I can get one of those ammo holder/cheek rest things, then weighing up which would be the better option. If I really can't locate one in the UK, then a lower mount is the way to go.

Recently joined the M14 brotherhood - here she be

m145tm.th.jpg

As stock as they come at the mo, but planning on getting an bigger spring and metal bushings in the near future. No external upgrades ('cept maybe a bi-pod later). Being boring and keeping the original look

- Squinty

Edited by Squinty McPhee

Here's a some pic's of my accident with my beloved SOC 16, on the ice last winter. I had it slung across my back when it happened. My buddy said. "Don't look at it!" "We will bury it so you'll never have to see it." I wanted to cry, I had only had it a month.

Before and After pics

phot00030av.jpg

broke41ub.jpg

broke53fq.jpg

broke26ob.jpg

And After Fixing it my self. I think I like it more and it's a lot more sturdier.

socomcamolarge9vt.jpg

camoaimpointlarge3rf.jpg

socomtrigglarge5kj.jpg

Oh yea Side by side with the real thing.

sidexside3gm.jpg

Have fun guys.

Edited by able95

I've got mine all measured out (spare TM M14 Stock), it's a bit longer than the standard, but my biggest problem is fitting the stock adapter securely (spare old SR16 lower) and getting a proper nut to screw the stock into, also finding a way to secure my spare M16 Grip I'm not so sure on, probably use a lot of bondo and some acrylic. I'm skipping the hinge part of the design for stability.

Only problem is doing this all one handed proves most difficult... and seems that none of my friends are remotely mechanically inclined....

Well I have finally joined the ranks.. Only took 2 months of waiting (Customs Problems). I played with it last weekend, and it rocks. I have superior range and penetrating power (redwolf upgrade). Love it. It is however a little long, you have to get used to pulling it up, and crawling through bushes with it.

M14_01.jpg

M14_02.jpg

M14_03.jpg

Thanks

Mike

I've got mine all measured out (spare TM M14 Stock), it's a bit longer than the standard, but my biggest problem is fitting the stock adapter securely (spare old SR16 lower) and getting a proper nut to screw the stock into, also finding a way to secure my spare M16 Grip I'm not so sure on, probably use a lot of bondo and some acrylic. I'm skipping the hinge part of the design for stability.

Only problem is doing this all one handed proves most difficult... and seems that none of my friends are remotely mechanically inclined....

That is really funny, because i have been contemplating the EXACT same idea for the last few weeks. I went from the idea of modifying an AR lower, to having an adapter fabricated, to scraping the whole AR stock idea and opting for just modifing the existing stock to fit a pistol grip.

All this thunkin for a gun I don't even have :P

-Jake

will the g&g soc16 front end conversion kit fit on a marui?  I just got my tm m14 od yesterday,  was thinking about gettting the kit for it incase I want it for closer combat.

No, it will not, but the parts are available to make a SOCOM out of the TM.

Here be ye front sight/comp.

And ye super shorty outer barrel.

Finaly, ye good ole' Scout Mount.

Yer on yer own for the outer barrel, yar! :pirate:

-Jake

Edited by Sasquatch