M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Used my TM OD M14 for the first time in a game at Urban Assault on the 3rd Sep, I'm dead happy with it! Outranged any other gun I've used, and the accuracy was superb although high winds were ruining everyone's aim beyond ten metres....

Now that I've seen what my baby can do I'm considering what route to take in it's development. I see two approaches:

Keep it essentially stock (UA has a limit of 300fps for basic AEG's, mine was chronoed at about 296), just get loadsa hi-caps and go for an approach based on high volumes of ammo delivered at reasonably long ranges.

OR

Get some upgrade work internally to bring the gun up to 400fps, and disable the full auto firing mode. UA allows this velocity for sniper rifles, the disabled full auto is compulsory though. Of course, this would require me to purchase a secondary weapon for use inside buildings or at close ranges, but the M14 is damn near useless in such circumstances anyway (lost out to a couple of pistoliers in those conditions).

Using my gun in the hi-volume fire role made for useful suppression during assaults, but most of my kills from the day were made with single aimed shots at long range. This makes me lean toward the upgraded sniper role, seeing as just about anyone can provide suppression and it's a job best left to the true support weapons with the big box mags. So what I want to know is:

How tricky is the job of disabling full auto? Can it be easily reversed should I feel the need, or is this a one-way, permanent mod of the gun unless you go for major parts-replacement?

Just got my RAS on my M14, will get pics tomorrow, unfortunatley i dont have a scope, so i just threw a red dot on for the hell of it. I also need a cheek pad now because the scope is higher than the iron sights, any suggestions for one?

Deff get a Eagle One From SKD....Here is the link...I have one on each of my TM M14s and they are very nice

http://www.skdtac.com/index.asp?PageAction...WPROD&ProdID=89