M14 Picture Thread

Everyone! I have good news! :o I contacted guarder about the problem w/ their gears wearing down the cut off lever and therefore loosing semi fire and they have just sent me an email this morning and a link about the new cut-off lever they are making for the TM M14 and for those who dont know here's the link:

http://www.intrudershop.com/commingsoon.asp

I was contemplating about buying the Guarder FTK for the M14 but I was turned down becuase of the reports of the gears wearing down the cut-off lever but after hearing back from them I am definitely buying one now! :P

-

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Everyone! I have good news! :o  I contacted guarder about the problem w/ their gears wearing down the cut off lever and therefore loosing semi fire and they have just sent me an email this morning and a link about the new cut-off lever they are making for the TM M14 and for those who dont know here's the link:

http://www.intrudershop.com/commingsoon.asp

I was contemplating about buying the Guarder FTK for the M14 but I was turned down becuase of the reports of the gears wearing down the cut-off lever but after hearing back from them I am definitely buying one now! :P

-

Maybe you should email em back and tell em to ship pinion gears with their FTK's to alleviate gearbox jams caused by their gears being a slight *albartroth* hair off (enough that their gears have nearly destroyed my TM Pinion....) On the flip side you should also email them about making a steel reciever (thats cheap :P becaues I'm poor) so that I can stop complaining about mine and get a working E2 :D

Why thank you :P  The day Guarder makes a new reciever is the day I go seriously broke...  I'll probably sell my soul or somethign to get one... but like that'll happen! ><  THe pinion gear is a known issue... they should rectify it ><

Well thanks for bashing my hopes in buying the Guarder FTK!!!! :angry: JK! :D

Anyway, I guess I'll just buy the cylinder set then. Also does anyone have any feedback on the Prometheus V7 gears?

-

Well thanks for bashing my hopes in buying the Guarder FTK!!!! :angry:  JK! :D

Anyway, I guess I'll just buy the cylinder set then. Also does anyone have any feedback on the Prometheus V7 gears?

-

I'm not saying they are bad, infact they are very nice just be aware that if you buy a Guarder FTK you have to buy a Guarder Pinion gear or risk jamming every few rounds.... Its an unfortunate turn of events ><

I'm not saying they are bad, infact they are very nice just be aware that if you buy a Guarder FTK you have to buy a Guarder Pinion gear or risk jamming every few rounds.... Its an unfortunate turn of events ><

Ah, after I installed my Guarder FTK, I noticed that some rounds didn't fire, although now it appears to have fixed itself. Was that because of the pinion gear? And, is it easy to replace? I figure I might as well just make my M14 internally Guarder. :)

Edited by Badly Browned
Ah, after I installed my Guarder FTK, I noticed that some rounds didn't fire, although now it appears to have fixed itself. Was that because of the pinion gear? And, is it easy to replace? I figure I might as well just make my M14 internally Guarder. :)

No the pinion gear is the cause of Lock Ups in my oppinion. A buddy of mine had all guarder internals in his P90 but it was locking up because the TM Pinion wasent engaging correctly. I think this only occurs in some guns as is if it was some sort of factory fault. It might not be a bad idea to replace the pinion with a reinforced one if your looking to push the upper limits of US fields. No its not hard to replace, it just requires a special tool and the removal of the motor from its housing (which appears quite difficult tbh). I need to find someone w/ a soldering iron nearby who can fix my motor contacts as one is completely fubar.

Yea it is a 3 pt. sling.. <_< doesn't work well because the M14 just flops around and I feel unsafe not holding it and going to my pistol. I need to get a RIS rail to mount onto the left side and then a sling adaptor and it should work 100%.

I think it's made by sling solutions?? I dunno, it's from AEX.

Edited by trfo2o

Hmmm.. Just wondering if anyone over here made the bolt catch work on their TM M14??

Cause I DID! :D Out of boredom yesterday. I can share pics of how i did it for a +1! (just joking about the plus 1! but if you really want to give me one thats cool too! :P ) Anyone interested?

-

Edited by moutwtrng