M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's just the lighting or something in the image. Old guillom knows his *beep*, that's how they are supposed to look.

Yes yes I know i'm not trying to prove him wrong I definetly know that he has the right replica of the EBR kit used by seals, but arn't the original EBR kits black or dark gun metal grey? I dunno I could be totally wrong so i'll just quit while im at it. :flamed:

Chopmod was only in navy gray when Sage introduce it

Several iterations of improvements have occurred since and have resulted in two models currently being fielded. The first is what Sage describes as their Enhanced Battle Rifle (EBR). The second is their Chop-Mod EBR, essentially the same thing as the EBR with the exception that it forend is 1.60 inches shorter. In discussion with John Klein at SAGE, the primary reason behind the Chop-Mod's reduced length is weight reduction. Most of the EBRs we have seen have been anodized flat black while the Chop-Mods have been given a Navy Grey treatment. This being said, Mr. Klein indicated that both varieties are produced in both colors, and that they have also been producing a smaller number of stocks in Coyote Brown.

By the way, kits are modified by Cranes.

So, are you going to keep the aluminum color on your Mk14 or try and repaint it Navy grey? The stock should also be the same grey color.

Still trying to decide if I want to get the G&P kit to go along with my KAs EBR. I'm not too keen on the front heavy weight distribution of the EBRs.

I've been using the G&P M3 Scope 3.5-10 x 40mm on several of my AEGs.

The side mounted M-14 scope mount has the bonus feature that allows you to use the iron sights even if you've got a scope on it. This will allow you to quick sight your targets and let you set your scope to a higher magnification for target identification. Normally, I would leave it at 4-5X which is fine for me to see.

I apologize for the camera phone quality, but I wanted to put these up. I got most of my White Feather-ish parts this week. Flash- hider and internal upgrades will be here on monday, and I'll post picks with a proper camera. I'm going for a White Feather-ish feel, not a replica. I have a thread protector on the barrel for now.

whitefeather_003.jpg

whitefeather_002.jpg

So, are you going to keep the aluminum color on your Mk14 or try and repaint it Navy grey? The stock should also be the same grey color.

Still trying to decide if I want to get the G&P kit to go along with my KAs EBR. I'm not too keen on the front heavy weight distribution of the EBRs.

Yes the EBR is definitely front heavy. I'm waiting to do a short barrel mod of mine as well, but I'm waiting for TM to release their socom version so then a short barrel (and matching inner) will be available from TM directly. And being TM it'll probably be aluminum, thus saving on weight. I don't feel you need a steel outer barrel on the EBR because of the floating barrel design of the EBR frame that takes stress off the outer barrel itself, plus the fact that the EBR frames are so strong themselves. TGS frame here.

Beautiful guns, Guillom and Wotan!

Edited by Hillslam
Wotan, what brand/make/etc. of coating did you use?  Also, how well do you think it will resist getting gooey from repeated contact with sweaty hands?

I've used a custom-made spray paint can, from a paint shop near here.

I'll test it's resistence next sunday (I always use gloves, in summer as in winter, so I don't test it with nude hands).

The composition of this kinda paint is

black matte paint

a little part of "gummyfier" (I don't know how it calls in english) to make more soft and helastic the layer of paint

a little "charge" that means the inert adding that makes irregular the surface.

If you ask to your nearest paint shop I think they will answer better than my poor English....

;)

Hey guys.

I've finally managed to get my m14 sorted to the point where i really wanna take pics of it and show it off ^^

top%20small.jpg

front%20small.JPG

hope u like it ;)

i've taken these after spending a couple of hours installing a new tightbore for it, next on the list is a silencer and then possibly a new spring, depending on how hard i eventually decide i want it to shoot :)

Hey guys.

I've finally managed to get my m14 sorted to the point where i really wanna take pics of it and show it off ^^

hope u like it ;)

i've taken these after spending a couple of hours installing a new tightbore for it, next on the list is a silencer and then possibly a new spring, depending on how hard i eventually decide i want it to shoot :)

How much of a job was fitting the tightbore? Care to post a 'how to' with pics? Gets you rep:)