M14 Picture Thread

hmm, a more olive green look? that looks a tiny bit chemical and non natural.

a dusting of CB for a weathered look?

Agreed, however please dont disgrace the M14 with ACU :P Purty please! I'll get on my knees and beg you not to if it'll make you not do it!

Uhhh Aimpoint + M14 = bad? Uhh no? I think thats been pre idolized as the coolest set up ev0r! JK Its been set in stone that an Aimpoint on an M14 all the way back looks nice, Shughart and the movie black hawk down made a good point to make it look good :D

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was BHD that made me get my M14+aimpoint in the first place.

Same here, its a very nice setup! If i ever joined the military I'd certainly make the request to have an M14 in some way shape or form however my perfered loadout would be an full M21 with Aimpoint or Scope and no RIS/RAS anywhere except the scope mount. Either that Or i'd request a full auto M14, that'd be fun :D muhahahahahhahahahaha

ah i have no worries now if i buy the wood efect instead of od, btw did you strip the m14 down to the stock or did u just cover parts up and spray it? sorry might sound abit silly

What I had to do with my M14 "wood" stock when I spray painted it was strip down the gun to just the stock and handguard with no metal parts on it then sand off the top layer of paint/polish until its this nasty line brown color. After doing that I used a finer sand paper to make sure the top layer was even then I just spray painted very light coats till it covered. Then I added my stripes in alternating angles and colors. Turned out to look like:

IMG_0749.jpg

Hi,

Here are my fugly pictures of my Kart M14 (taken with an old DV camera...) :

dvc00649td6.jpg

dvc00639op7.jpg

It wasn't that shiny at the beginning, but I polished it a bit to make it more realistic. I'm thinking about painting it in a dark grey color (the metal parts) as the real steel one doesn't look black, what do you guys think ? :

M14NMheelmarks1x.thumb.jpg

Edited by Raptor3388

Looks good Raptor! I would leave them as is. It really depends on the M14 tou get. The real one I shot had really dark dark grey/black metal stuff so its not outa spec.

In regards to which scope to get, get an Aimpoint replica. Even the Hurricane Eotech replica costs a liver but you can get a niec aimpoint replica for pretty cheap :)

Hi,

Here are my fugly pictures of my Kart M14 (taken with an old DV camera...) :

dvc00649td6.jpg

dvc00639op7.jpg

It wasn't that shiny at the beginning, but I polished it a bit to make it more realistic. I'm thinking about painting it in a dark grey color (the metal parts) as the real steel one doesn't look black, what do you guys think ? :

M14NMheelmarks1x.thumb.jpg

This is the Mauri clone from China? How much did this run you?

Yes it's the Chinese M14, it cost me 200€, due to custom taxes and high shipping costs. I could have got it for cheaper in France if I had waited <_< Still half the price of the Marui M14.

The new version (AGM MP008) looks better, and is cheaper, has more accessories as massacreman said.

URPeaceKeeper, I wish I could have painting skills like that. But I should be officially rejoining the M14 brotherhood tonight as I'm buying a way over forum upgraded M14 from AEX.  :D  Can't wait!

Hah thanks, it helps that i grew up in a state with lots and lots of hunters who all do custom paintjobs, so I've learned from them :D The credit isnt all mine, my father helped me out alot last winter with my M14 project (Fiberglass M14 stock on a TM M14) Welcome back to the Brotherhood ^_^

Aimpoints on M14 ..yuk. I dont think it fits with the long-ness of it and just sits there stickin' up looking all stupid and alone screaming "PLEASE GOD PUT ME ON A DIFFERENT GUN!" Big scopes all the way man!

Just my opinion :D

have you seen bhd, i think thats why people love the aimpoint on the 14

have you seen bhd, i think thats why people love the aimpoint on the 14

Yeah I love that film, thats was one of the reasons I bought an M14, the other was Tears of the Sun .. I think strictly thats an M21 tho right? Not sure. Anyway, hes got a big scope on it and I've tried both Aimpoint and scope but the big scope looks cooler :P

Yeah I love that film, thats was one of the reasons I bought an M14, the other was Tears of the Sun .. I think strictly thats an M21 tho right? Not sure. Anyway, hes got a big scope on it and I've tried both Aimpoint and scope but the big scope looks cooler :P

i'll have to watch tears of the sun again i can't remember an m21 in that.

Right, I'm looking at the following bits for a TM M14 I *should* be buying with my Xmas bonus :) Is there anything I should be aware of before I get these gubbinz;

PDI 440mm Outer Barrel (make it a wee bit shorter, and a bit tougher :P)

M25 Flash Hider (because it looks the mutts nutts :D)

Hero Arms M14 Mount Base

In addition, some regular scope rings and a nice 2-6x32 scope I already have :)

The only thing I can't really see is how high or low the Hero Arms Mount Base is, can anyone link me to a piccy of a gun with this mount installed? (trawling through 90 pages of pics has left me a bit overloaded :lol)

I'm also planning to disable the Full Auto, mainly so I use it as the DMR I plan to :) So, on that note, aside from a Prometheus TB Barrel, are any internal upgrades in order? A Systema Turbo Motor to decrease trigger latency?

Thanks ^_^

:geek:

++EDIT++

Almost forgot, also looking at one of these RAS units to replace the nasty plastic heatshield;

Guarder M14 RAS

G&G RAS for TM M14

G&P M14 RAS

Any of those considerably better than the others?

Edited by BoB SoiL