M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

cheers guys, i guys TM aftermarket barrels will fit then !

i just checked my kart, and it seems the flashhider is CW (turning left to loosen it while looking into the barrel), wich is odd, as i recal TM's to be CCW? my P90 flashhider wouldn't for example, can someone confirm their TM to be CCW aswell?

can anyone suggest a 3-point sling for an M14 (specifically the SOCOM/SOC16)? i've been looking at the ones for the M16, and they look like they would work, but i just wanna make sure. thanks.

They have a nice looking 3-pt sling here on sale (looks just like the specter):

http://store.botachtactical.com/cqbsopspecop.html

I use this one and it's a quality sling:

http://www.stubbygear.com/product.asp?productid=40206

This one works OK, but the straps are a little stiff and I prefer the butt mounts above:

http://store.theslingshop.com/ezsling2.html -

This should work as well:

http://www.slingsonly.com/m16_tactical_sling.shtml

cheers guys, i guys TM aftermarket barrels will fit then !

i just checked my kart, and it seems the flashhider is CW (turning left to loosen it while looking into the barrel), wich is odd, as i recal TM's to be CCW? my P90 flashhider wouldn't for example, can someone confirm their TM to be CCW aswell?

TM's M14 are 14mm -/CCW.

Edited by davedawg123
TM's M14 are 14mm -/CCW.

cheers !

i ended up ordering an entire TM barrel assemblage to get the flashhider, along with a shorter PDI barrel, prometheus tightbore, deepfire metal nozzle and brown heatshield.

this should give it abit more accuracy :)

edit: here's a crappy cameraphone picture

DSC00121sm.JPG

Edited by sturgis

Well I officially re-joined the M14 Brotherhood tonight. But I've got 2 really, really stupid questions. 1)How in the hell do you put the flash hider back on? (I screwed the orange one off and want to put the regular one on); 2) I've got a G&P scope mount, do I have to somehow take off the little piece in front of the rear sight to be able to slide the scope mount on? If so, do I just have to use brute force?

Sorry for the dumb questions, but I don't want to screw anything up, plus I'm tired as all hell.

Well I officially re-joined the M14 Brotherhood tonight. But I've got 2 really, really stupid questions. 1)How in the hell do you put the flash hider back on? (I screwed the orange one off and want to put the regular one on); 2) I've got a G&P scope mount, do I have to somehow take off the little piece in front of the rear sight to be able to slide the scope mount on? If so, do I just have to use brute force?

Sorry for the dumb questions, but I don't want to screw anything up, plus I'm tired as all hell.

The Flash hider has a round screw that you have to turn to put onto the gun...there is also a tiny allen key that makes it so that circle wont screw, check that if the circle wont spin/screw...also for the block on the rear site there is also a tiny allen screw that you need a tiny allen key to take it out...sorry i didnt go much into detail but i think it might help ya..

-Mario

very nice, i plan on converting my mp008 to a soc16 when it arrives

I just met a fellow Filipino who took his AGM M14 and converted it into a Soc16

I recently bought an AGM Branded M14 (Cost me 5500 pesos, roughly 100USD) its a china made gun (TM Clone)

Actually, its pretty good. Everything thats metal in the TM version is metal here. It shoots 340FPS stock. Comes with a hicap and a scope rail for optics... BUT... i wanted something different. So i went and created the cheapest and most effective SOC16 that can be had for under 120USD

I started by cutting the outer and inner barrels of the gun. I also cut the sights to free them from the stock flashhider. After this, i fabricated a metal flashhider that would resemble the GnG Soc16's flashhider.

Ill let the pictures speak for themselves:

SOC16Wood.jpg

Then i sprayed it flat black:

SOC16Black.jpg

And i ended up with this:

SOC16Case.jpg

(Closeup of custom flashider):

SOC16BarrelCloseup.jpg

Shooting at 340 FPS stock, and it cost me under 120USdollars. hehe :D[/img]

My new fave gun . .  snip . . .

I've got a question about the full size M14, is the flash hider the normal screw on type?

Very nice SOCOM!

The standard M14 flash hider does not spin on like a regular flash hider because the sight is integrated. It is inserted over the outer barrel and then a little nut spins on the threads to tighten it down. There is also a little allen bolt to hold the nut in place. Does that make sense?

Well I got my new TM M14 wood stock heavily upgraded internally by Airsoft Extreme (I will never, ever, ever work on an M14 again) to the AEG legal limit yesterday. I didn't quite believe all that stuff about the amazing range it has (especially heavily upgraded), but now I'm a believer... holy s***! I'm actually happy I bought the scope now as there's a reason now with my sudden found ability to reach out and touch someone.

Boring obligatory picture:

airsoft007.jpg

airsoft006.jpg

airsoft004.jpg

Well I got my new TM M14 wood stock heavily upgraded internally by Airsoft Extreme (I will never, ever, ever work on an M14 again) to the AEG legal limit yesterday. I didn't quite believe all that stuff about the amazing range it has (especially heavily upgraded), but now I'm a believer... holy s***! I'm actually happy I bought the scope now as there's a reason now with my sudden found ability to reach out and touch someone.

Boring obligatory picture:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/tmas.../airsoft007.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/tmas.../airsoft006.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/tmas.../airsoft004.jpg

Those are some HIGH scope rings!

That AGM SOC16 job makes me a little annoyed that I have to pay several times the amount for a TM SOCOM14. Thank you very much, Canada. :(

Sorry about that... Thought it'd be positive for the community... meh

Very nice SOCOM!

The standard M14 flash hider does not spin on like a regular flash hider because the sight is integrated.  It is inserted over the outer barrel and then a little nut spins on the threads to tighten it down.  There is also a little allen bolt to hold the nut in place.  Does that make sense?

I kinda understand how it works

That AGM SOC16 job makes me a little annoyed that I have to pay several times the amount for a TM SOCOM14. Thank you very much, Canada. :(

Dont worry when you get a TM M14 SOCOM you wont regret it.

I payed £270 for mine from the uk when if I waited a while I could have got it for about £150 from HK but I dont regret it its just such a great gun to use