M14 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey mongoose,

You can take that black handguard off though and put a foregrip on there right?  That was one reason I was going to get a KA EBR kit when I had my TM M14 1 month back.

Yep. You can take that handguard away without any hassle. But you can leave it on. Even with bipod connected, there is enough space left between hand guard and bipod to place a foregrip.

if it's anything like the kart (wich i believe it is very much so :D ) you'll have the wrong threading on the barrel to fit a TM one...

you can use a silencer, but like said above, you'll loose the front sight (it's one piece with the flashhider), but if you gonna use it with a scope, it shouldn't matter that much.

So tempted to buy another one! :D

On top is my limited edition G&P M14 EBR MOD 0 Below is the new M14 SOCOM that has been converted to the M1A Scout, all it needs now is the rubber butt stock which i'm off to pick up in about 1 hour.

pc281477mediumbm7.jpg

18" bbl, long gas thingy, scout scope mount. The real M1A Scout has a muzzlebreak of similar dimensions to the M14 flashhider... but no one makes the Springfield muzzlebreak for airsoft (a similar muzzlebreak would be the PDI M25, but that doesn't have the front sight on it), so the closest you can get is the M14 flashhider.

RS Springfield M1As of recent manufacture have rubber buttpads rather than the steel military type.

fareast, i want your babies...

anyways, i was wondering how the SOCOM 16 and the EBR held up against each other. I want a good TM gun and i would like to play sort of a CQB/Mid-range type role.

I already have a long gun and it's over the limits at most fields so I want something which will stay under 400FPS, be able to use in a CQB sort of situation but still be able to run around on a woodland field. should i get the SOCOM 16?

It's your call.

The M14 SOCOM is a fairly short rifle. But it is somewhat long. As others have noted, it's nearly as long as an M16. It's probably larger than an M4 or G36K. But it also has an inch and a half of barrel length on the M4 and three and a half on the G36K.

In any case, it should be good for close and mid-range engagements.