Airsoft sites banning propane?

GuzziHero

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If its to do with power, then all green gases are practically identical. Flamibility, again all are based on propaine with different additives (oil ect)

The only people who i know of that DON'T use green gas/propane/WE are those using classic pistols and those using gas even more powerfull than green (RED and BLACK mainly)

{edit} I have just read their site rules and TBH, they are talking rubbish. Specifiying "Approved airsoft gas" as different to "propane" is just stupid nonsencical rubbish.

Not that unfair I suppose - if you're going there you use their stuff is basically the thinking behind it.

I've never played at GZ and most likely wouldn't at any site with such restrictive policies as I've used propane since 2004; if people have issues with the policy, simply don't play there. :)

"Despite claims it is the same as Green Gas, it isn't"

Sooo, if they don't believe in gas spectrophotometric test results how'd they conclude they're not the same? :huh:

Probably in the mark up per can, methinks.

Having powered a cigarette lighter on green gas and then propane to no appreciable difference in flame temp/colour/size then I further refute the claim that they are different as 'bunkum'.

Probably in the mark up per can, methinks.

Having powered a cigarette lighter on green gas and then propane to no appreciable difference in flame temp/colour/size then I further refute the claim that they are different as 'bunkum'.

I once ran a GBB on butane. Quietest GBB i have ever heard :P.

If anything "green gas" is more dangerous than propane thanks to "green gas" coming in relatively thin aerosol tins vs propane which generally comes in steel cans with safety valves.

Total BS from Zero One/Ground Zero to get players to buy their gas.

Why doesn't someone start buying propane bottles, then relabeling them with some company they start up and say it's approved for airsoft use or something? Make someone else spend the money to prove it's different enough to allowed to be banned from their site, unless of course they want to just discriminate against your "brand" of green gas. Also, since there probably isn't any official "formula" for what goes into green gas, you can just call it that without any issues, right?

Why doesn't someone start buying propane bottles, then relabeling them with some company they start up and say it's approved for airsoft use or something? Make someone else spend the money to prove it's different enough to allowed to be banned from their site, unless of course they want to just discriminate against your "brand" of green gas. Also, since there probably isn't any official "formula" for what goes into green gas, you can just call it that without any issues, right?

Oh, like Kickass Gas then? :D

Kickass Gas DEFINITELY is. The owner of Future Development's son used to play at Unreal Airsoft where I was a member till the kid was banned for being a knob (and because his dad was a BSer). Theres more of a story to that but I wont go into it here.

Our players game-tested the gas.

TBH I don't mind paying a bit more in field fees since these are businesses that need to stay afloat but deceptive practices like this make me want to avoid sites like this. ie. Paintball fields need to make money and off field paint isn't usually permitted (where they make the bulk of their revenus), and field fees are minimal. This just seems like a dishonest and deceptive cash grab by the field in question.

I'm not 100% sure of this however I have heard (from an unreliable source) that Green Gas is a slightly lower vaporization pressure (lets say 120 psi for example) than Propane (lets say 125 psi) for one reason or another can anyone confirm this? It might make sense because of the additives the pressure is slightly different but is it to that extent (if at all)? (I assume both gasses are at the same temperatures and all other variables are the same)

Also, what prevents you from taking one of those tall thin propane canisters and keeping it on your person in a radio pouch or something? ie. http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/CanadianTire/0587573_1?$medium$&defaultImage=image_na_EN (that is if you have that brand over there).

Hell if you really wanted to you could make a bogus "green gas" label and stick it on and I doubt anyone will be able to tell the difference (and if they call you out on it the onus is for them to prove it's propane and not green gas as it's labelled, although the propane adaptor might be a giveaway).

EDIT: I just took a look and.... "Zero One Airsoft" are they affiliated with Ground Zero in some way ie. a sponsor? Or is it what it seems like and it's owned by the same people/company? If so then I guess Zero One is getting scratched off my list as a place to order from. I don't want my dollars supporting a company like that (I'd rather pay a few more dollars to support someone who operates in a lot more of a stand up way than this place).

Yeah, my local CQB field doesn't allow propane either. This was the first time using my 93R there, and I brought propane with an adapter. They wouldn't let me use it, and when asked why, they replied "because of insurance reasons" although I do believe that they're just trying to make more money as well.

If anything "green gas" is more dangerous than propane thanks to "green gas" coming in relatively thin aerosol tins vs propane which generally comes in steel cans with safety valves.

I wonder if anyone actually tested resistance of "green gas" can to bbs.

Bernzomatic propane can (and others as well) is so thick (thanks to safety regulations) it does not get damaged even after a point-blank shot. I was not brave enough to shoot "green gas" can though. Maybe an empty one later on, but it will be different than pressurized content.

DISCLAIMER: DO NOT TRY SHOOTING GAS CANS, IT IS DANGEROUS!

EDIT: I just took a look and.... "Zero One Airsoft" are they affiliated with Ground Zero in some way ie. a sponsor? Or is it what it seems like and it's owned by the same people/company? If so then I guess Zero One is getting scratched off my list as a place to order from. I don't want my dollars supporting a company like that (I'd rather pay a few more dollars to support someone who operates in a lot more of a stand up way than this place).

From what I know, they're linked, but not the same company. Zero One provides tech support and gear sales at Ground Zero, and at least one of the GZ Marshals works at Zero One. However, the companies, and their respective owners are different. I suppose it's what you get when a site and a retailer are very close, both geographically and personnel-wise...

In fact, according to the Companies House Webcheck, Zero One Airsoft Ltd and Ground Zero Airsoft Ltd are recorded as two different companies, owned by different people, but both operating from the same address

I cant see how they think that they need more money. They clear a *fruitcage* load each year from just the weekender. Has there been a recent change in management or something? Perhaps the new boss if there is one is a greedy turd? who knows.

Try mentioning the name of a different company involved in airsoft on Zero In forum other than Zero One and watch the post get removed or edited.

Its the offical forum for Zero One and is totally censored in that respect.

However... yes, Green Gas and Propane as well as other products have been examined and Green Gas and Propane is the same thing other than the lube and smell filtering.

I was testing a 260-280 fps pistol in my room and accidently shot a can of Abby Ultra gas. It put a very very significant dent in the can and caused me a great deal of concern. The Coleman propane tanks I use are massivly stronger and more robust. I only have a single can of Green gas left now and thats used in games where I am using a pistol a lot as its portable to a degree that the chunky Coleman cans are not. I can fit it in an AK or P90 pouch.

This and other comments read, confirm my feeling that I do not want to attend the GZ site. EVER.

Archived