MGC G18 plus mags

Smith5

I am reluctantly putting up for sale my MGC G18. This is a beautiful piece of Airsoft history, and I really don’t want to part with it, but I need the money more than this gun. Although I need the money, if I don’t get what I want for it, I will keep it without a second though.

The MGC G18 is a classic Airsoft GBB, and is very different to your usual TM or KSC Glock. It is a very rare piece these days; I have never seen one for sale (except this one when I bought it obviously!) It features the second generation Glock frame, without accessory rail or finger grooves on the grip. The pistol itself also uses a very different GBB mechanism, with all the gubbins housed in the lower frame of the gun, not the top like modern GBB’s.

As well as this it has the extended, ported barrel of older G18s with a solid slide, not the open topped slide like the more modern G18c. This, coupled with rubberised grips which make the gun very comfortable to hold, make this a very different piece to add to your collection.

The gun itself is fully functional, and as far as I know has only ever been fired with 134a. Green gas would destroy this GBB, so steer well clear and stick to the less powerful gasses. It will come with two mags, one standard cap and one long high cap. Both are fully functional and completely leak free. They have always been stored with a small amount of gas in them for as long as I have owned them. The short mag has a hole in the base plate for filling, but the long mag must have the base plate slid forward (like the KSC mags) for filling. The only problem with the gun is that the selector switch is slightly loose. Firing on semi will eventually see the catch drop to the full auto position, and you can guess what happens then.

Cosmetically, this gun is in good condition, but not perfect. This is to be expected from such an old GBB. The cosmetic issues are very slight and are as follows. The metal parts (namely the fire selector, slide catch, mag catch and tabs used for disassembly) all show some wear to them where the paint has worn away due to use. This will be easier to see in the photos below. There is also a small mark to the top of the slide, a small wear mark along the top right side of the outer barrel and along the chamber. The mags themselves are, like real ones, not made from metal. They therefore do not have silver wear marks along their sides from insertion and removal from the gun. Again, the pictures below will show this. They house the gas reservoir within a more realistic plastic case. This also means you do not get the unsightly line of white bb’s down the front of the mag when loaded.

I have personally stripped, cleaned, fully relubricated and reassembled this GBB, so the internals are in absolutely spotless condition. I could not tell you the effective range or FPS of this gun, as it has never left its case, and I don’t own a chrono. I do not have an original box for this, but it will come shipped in a KSC Glock box. Postage will also be by a means that comes with insurance for the full price paid for the gun.

I would like £100 for this GBB and the two mags. This price includes Paypal fees, insured postage costs and liberal amounts of protective packaging. I will not entertain swaps or splits, and I will happily hold on to this if I cannot get the price I want for it. It is a beautiful gun and I will miss it. I would like to stress this is a classic GBB, so if you are expecting a high performing, immaculate, hard shooting beast, then this is not for you. I won’t accept a refund if what you receive is not what you are expecting. Please get in touch if you have any questions or want to know more. Alternatively, if you want to pick up from the Reading area, that is fine also.

Please have your site membership/UKARA details to hand, I will check them thoroughly and will not sell to anyone who I cannot fully satisfy myself is eligible to buy RIFs. Thanks for reading, now time for some pictures:

P4190281.jpg

P4190280.jpg

P4190279.jpg

P4190277.jpg

P4190282.jpg

P4190283.jpg

• 3 months later...

This is still for sale, at the new reduced price of £80 including all fees and insured special delivery postage. I will entertain sensible offers also. UKARA defense that I can independently verify is still a must.

Archived