Magpul PTS EMAG and M-Version PMAG AEG Midcap Review

Hey there Coprs,

I'm actually having a few issues with these mags and my VFC KAC PDW. The mags definitely fit in the magwell (with a fair amount of wobble actually) but they can easily be ripped out without using the mag-catch...

To be honest, I'm a little ###### off since I was really looking forward to a viable alternative to the flimsy VFC mags.

You wouldn't have any tips by any chance as you've mentionned that they fit and feed nicely in this specific gun?

Cheers

I had a similar issue with my Dboys M4, VFC clone, and some regular mags, I solved it pushing hard the mag catch button and "screwing" a bit more tye mag catch, granted, you will feel the screw in your finger when you push the magcatch, but it will be more tense and the mags wont fall, bad news are that the wobble may persist... :)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tested the EMAGs and M-version PMAGs in every gun I could get my hands on. Locked in and fed flawlessly in every gun. No issues sliding in or out of any gun nor was it too tight, including the infamous King Arms magazine wells which have internal ribbing intended to remove wobble from magazines and were well known to have fitment issues with the Gen 1 PMAGs. No longer the case with EMAGs and the new M-PMAGs.

Tested, worked and fed PERFECTLY in the following guns:

King Arms AR15's

King Arms SIG 556

Magpul PTS AR15's

CA older AR15's

CA LWRC AR15's

CA SCAR

G&P AR15's

KWA AR15's

VFC AR15's

VFC HK416

VFC SCAR

VFC PDW

TM M4

Hi there, I was wandering if you could help me.

I have a KA Sig 556 Shorty and I just brought 10 KA 360 Hicap PMAGS replicas, thinking they would fit the Sig, since they were both made by KA.

I was very dissapointed when it didn't, the hicap PMAGS are too wide for the Sig's magwell.

Will these midcaps definately fit the 556 Shorty?

Thanks.

Will these midcaps definately fit the 556 Shorty?

I tested the PMAGs with many guns including a KA SIG 556 and they fit with no problems at all. I think you should be fine. Just make sure you get the new Gen 2/M-Version PMAGs. Some retailers still have some of the older version PMAGs and while they're great mags, I have no idea if they're compatible with KA SIG 556. They maybe fine, I just can't say for certain.

That's an impressive collection there :)

Does anyone know if all G&P lower receivers have the same dimensions in the magwell? I know PMAGs work nicely in Magpul lowers (makes sense, right?) but I have a VLTOR lower and my current MAG 190-rounders lack thickness and width. G&P standard mags work nice, as it should be.

I wouldn't like to purchase 5 of these and have 10 non-working mags :D

Thanks!

They do indeed - They're also in the process of making Pmag hicaps as well, although the King Arms ones have that market pretty well covered so far - The 5 i have are spot on. Still, G&P are basically my favourite people in the world, so i'll probably buy some for the hell of it.

Just ordered a bunch of these from Fire-Support, can't wait until they arrive!

Hopefully they will fit my G&G SCAR, couldn't find any confirmation of this but it takes all my other mags so hopefully it'll all be good biggrin.gif

Good chance it will, My Ares SCAR Light takes them.

That's an impressive collection there :)

Does anyone know if all G&P lower receivers have the same dimensions in the magwell? I know PMAGs work nicely in Magpul lowers (makes sense, right?) but I have a VLTOR lower and my current MAG 190-rounders lack thickness and width. G&P standard mags work nice, as it should be.

I wouldn't like to purchase 5 of these and have 10 non-working mags :D

Thanks!

I've got a couple and they work great in my G&P VLTOR lower.

I tested the PMAGs with many guns including a KA SIG 556 and they fit with no problems at all. I think you should be fine. Just make sure you get the new Gen 2/M-Version PMAGs. Some retailers still have some of the older version PMAGs and while they're great mags, I have no idea if they're compatible with KA SIG 556. They maybe fine, I just can't say for certain.

They do, but it's a very tight fit.

Let me know if they fit, I wanted to buy a few for mine but G&G SCAR owners are scarce! :)

They fit very nicely, just a tiny bit of wobble but that's the same as the other mags I've tried.

Haven't had a chance to load them up and fire yet so I can't comment on how they feed.

Will give an update after I try them out :D

• 3 weeks later...

I have the chance to get some unused gen-1 PMAGs with ranger plates at a good price. Is there any major reason I should not jump on this and get M-ver ones (I already have two Ms)?

As I've said in my review, the original PMAGs are just as good. They simply lack one or two features of the new mags. But if you can buy the originals for a really good price, I'd go ahead and get them.

I managed to loose a dust cover that was clipped onto the bottom of my p-mag this weekend. Has anyone else had this problem and can anyone tell me where.if you can get replacement dust covers?

I don't believe they are sold separately. You can try contacting Magpul PTS to see what your options are :

sales@magpul-pts.com

I found that the new M-version Pmags are a bit harder to be caught on by the mag release on my KA SR-15. I have to slam them in pretty hard to get them to catch.

But that wasn't an issue with my older Pmags, which i made fit by filing the mag well down a bit on my KA SR-15.

My current solution is to hook the top of the mag into the magwell then rotate the mag downwards an slam it in the mag well at the same time. Catches every time now.

But then I might mess up when I'm during a skirmish or under pressure, so is there a better solution?

Thanks guys.

As I've said in my review, the original PMAGs are just as good. They simply lack one or two features of the new mags. But if you can buy the originals for a really good price, I'd go ahead and get them.

Said and done :D

pmags.jpg

Wingmann, are those gray? I recently acquired a pair of PTS PMAGs, and they're just fine... definitely authentic, work great... but they're decidedly GRAY. Not black, not FDE... gray. Just curious when a gray batch was made and how I ended up with them. I got them used in a trade, it's no big deal, just weird.

• 2 months later...