dont worry guys the stirling crowd got mullered at copehill in april(again) and will again in august

if you have a problem combating guys with NV you should talk to the chef (the so called most dangerous man seen at copehill)

ISo we can take it you enjoyed redwing then Jethro or are you one of the many that did not attend the event and are just throwing your opinion in to the pot?

So what the ISAT forces got beat at copehill in April someone's got to lose <_<

Sure thing.

I guess we will come for july event. We love hardcore events but what we did not like was the way we were puted in our role and boundries around it. Cant wait again to reach Blackhill in all the gear and those turists and way they did look at us - you know what I mean.

Just to add some random thoughts...

Back when I used to lasertag we had issues like this.

The problem there was that the games were "scripted" to suit one team and the other team were, basically, just "bit players" for the other side to take shots at.

Sure, you'd be given objectives and specific tasks but you weren't actually supposed to win. You were supposed to fit in with the overall script.

Quite often, as a result of playing a bit too competitively, the organisers would have to kill a bunch of us off with "chemical weapons" or a "minfield" or whatever else they could think of.

I have know idea what happened during this event but it seems as though Nazio, at least, feels as though this is what happened here.

Anyway, moving on, let's not get too antagonistic towards each other, eh?

If Nazio has constructive criticism to offer then perhaps it should be taken on board rather than simply rejected?

Equally, if Nazio's team, for whatever reason, didn't make the most of their opportunities during this event then perhaps somebody needs to look at how objectives are explained and how teams are motivated toward completing them?

OTOH, if Nazio's team were supposed to be just "cannon fodder" for the other team then that needs looking at too.

Let's face it, the tactics used by the Taliban out in Afghanistan have made life damned hard for western troops who possess superior equipment so if a similar balance isn't being achieved during a milsim event then you've obviously got that balance wrong somewhere.

ISo we can take it you enjoyed redwing then Jethro or are you one of the many that did not attend the event and are just throwing your opinion in to the pot?

So what the ISAT forces got beat at copehill in April someone's got to lose

three times in a row at copehill? just proves to me all this costly stirling training means diddly

Edited by jethrotull

I would like to add some comments at the end.

Altough Op.Redwing was not typical win/lose event. We'd rather wish to play in rate 1 Taliban vs 2 US Army players than 1 to 1 and be as Stealthbomber have said cannon fodders.

Regarding the FOB being untouchable, I adopt the phrase "Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained". Youl guys didn't even try!

If someone is going to tell you not to shoot anybody with 500 fps rifle at shortest distance of 30 meters, will you do it from 10 ? Rules are rules and they must be obeyed regardless of our likes or willings. You would not have to wait for us until night in the base. But we were said not to attack. Ask yourself if you would be on my position would you go? I know is very easy to say "I dont know who and what have told you", but much more difficult is try to put yourself in position of other guy who is player just like yourself and wish to have equal chances during event.

started on friday afternoon yep that means 2 nights of stag = 4hrs sleep both nights lol.

All you say is that you did closely watch us when we arrived on site and we have had no clue that you are already in game. Would you swap position with me in that time and be unaware that actualy you know all our movements and are guaranteed advantage just because your counter players are not aware that the game is already on.

huff and speeding through the game area is not the best way of doing things.

For huff I do apology - emotions, emotions, emotions of cannon fodder. But I have to say was making max 20-30 mph and slowing down by people so no way you can call it speeding and as for now I have clean license with several thousands of miles of experiences behind the steering wheels from smallest cars to the biggest quarry trucks.

Anyway - we wish to come for july event 10 players joining woodland side. I have sent an email recently but there is no answere, would some positive soul help us?

For huff I do apology - emotions, emotions, emotions of cannon fodder. But I have to say was making max 20-30 mph and slowing down by people so no way you can call it speeding and as for now I have clean license with several thousands of miles of experiences behind the steering wheels from smallest cars to the biggest quarry trucks.

Being one of the people who you drove past quickly, apology accepted,... but I'm sure you can understand that people at the time thought you were being a bit aggressive if you were worked up.... understandable now. bounce.gif

At least you know for next time, if unsure ask.... hindsight is a wonderful thing, but if you thought you heard "not to attack at night", perhaps simplying qualifying that might have prompted someone explaining why, or clearing up the confusion.

As mentioned before, we were all fully expecting you to attack at any moment, NV goggles are no good when the eyes looking through them are closed! sleep_1.gif

At least you know for next time, if unsure ask.... hindsight is a wonderful thing, but if you thought you heard "not to attack at night", perhaps simplying qualifying that might have prompted someone explaining why, or clearing up the confusion.

Is not about me, is about two of us who was there and asked several questions, and got straight answeres. There was no doubts about either attacking the base either sending spies, we've heard no. As I did mention we would not wait until night with assault of the base, but we were told not to attack during the day. We were told this by guys from Afghan village - SA staff ? Guess so. At least they acted like staff on "Afghan" side. I hope that SA staff will take all what was here said on board and consider as criticism rather than moaning. None the less, lets close this chapter and make fresh start.

@sneaky beaky - yeah mate I know, have sent an e-mail but no answere.

Edited by Nazio