I've waited a good month but I gotta say something; what happened the review database? We put alot of effort into that, I had a good 35-36 detailed, fully pictured reviews on there, Orca had hundreds, and what? Poof? Gone? Is it ever going to come back the way it was or are we going to have to reupload all our products... or is it gone for good? I've tried to find answers but I really couldn't.

Tried to find answers? Post, email me or ask it's not hard ;)

The review database software needs to be upgraded to come into line with the new forums. I'm not doing this as I have more pressing matters that relate to getting the site stable before I move on to new software. As I'm sure you have spotted we've been up and down since we moved hosts. That's being addressed at the site data centre and is a currently ongoing issue. Once that's fixed (with luck today - judging by the emails that I have had so far) I can move on to the other work that I have yet to do.

The reviews system is based on a commercial product called PHP Review Post and unfortunately it appears that they have dried up and not come out with any new upgrades lately to allow it to work with the new version of invision rather concentrating their efforts on Vbulletin solely. I emailed them asking for an update but have heard nothing back as of yet.

So if a review database returns, is it likely we'll have to repost our reviews/products (if so I'm glad I saved 90% of them in a word.doc)? I ask because the 10% I didn't save I'd find time to rewrite while I wait for the system to return.

Edited by RC-1138

The data is still there it hasn't gone anywhere but I need to upgrade the code to display stuff. I intend to bring it back if only from an archive standpoint (should it be replaced by a better system) -I don't like losing data.

• 1 month later...