BNP candidate in punch-up

Stealthbomber

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All i see in this video is an MP aggrivating some allready aggrivated men and then attacking one of them. Granted it dosen't show the whole story but given only what the video shows the MP seems the attacker, both verbaly and physically.

He's not an MP, he's a prospective BNP candidate and obviously a thug. This is the main issue the BNP face in trying to present themselves as a mainstream party. They always *fruitcage* up and look like the bunch of loser, racist, idiots they really are. Which is good!

To be fair, the Asian guy spat at him first. I don't know if I could resist kicking off if that happened to me. At the end of the day, both parties come off as pond life imo.

He accuses the Asian guys of being robbers!

I think the spitting wasn't warranted but can see the appeal of it where bigots like that BNP guy are concerned. However the Asian guys aren't running to be an MP which is probably the main own goal this whole thing shows up. "BNP member is a racist thug" isn't after all news or suprising. "BNP parlimentary candidate assaults Asian man" is!

This is the main issue the BNP face in trying to present themselves as a mainstream party. They always *fruitcage* up and look like the bunch of loser, racist, idiots they really are. Which is good!

Exactly.

There are a lot of voters out there who probably think the tories are going a bit soft and start to consider the BNP as the only party prepared to really "stick up for" the UK as a nation.

Hopefully this sort of thing will remind them that a thug in a suit is still a thug.

To be fair, the Asian guy spat at him first. I don't know if I could resist kicking off if that happened to me. At the end of the day, both parties come off as pond life imo.

Yeah but one guy (as far as we know) is nothing more than a chavvy git while the other is a guy with plans to become part of our government.

How's a guy like that going to deal with delicate political situations such as Northern Ireland or, god forbid, anything related to foriegn policy?

How's a guy like that going to deal with delicate political situations such as Northern Ireland or, god forbid, anything related to foriegn policy?

Hopefully we'll never have to find out.

^ +1

Spitting is physical assault - verbal abuse is not.

Which obviously makes it okay for you and your mates to then attack all three guys nearby and for several of you to lay into one, kicking him in the head whilst he is lying on the floor... not.

So verbal abuse < spitting < kicking someone on the ground. I don't think the BNP fellas come out looking good in that comparison.

However in the UK you don't have to even touch someone to commit common assault. Even making silent telephone calls could get you a conviction.

No he did not.

He made a joke in reference to one of the lads who was wearing a black & white striped top.

So even worse than their prospective MP and his thuggy mates assaulting people on film they haven't got a sense of humour worth a damn.

The BNP really are a joke.

Clearly the candidate of a racist party making a joke about Asian youths being robbers is going to go down like a lead ballon.

No he did not.

He made a joke in reference to one of the lads who was wearing a black & white striped top.

What?

He says 'How many of youse are robbers?', and not in a joking tone of voice or with a particularly happy looking face. If he was making a joke about the black and white striped top he would have directed the question at that single person, not the entire group. He would presumably have also tried to say 'it was only intended as a joke' when they get upset instead of 'there are more of us than you' and proceeding to kick a man on the floor in the head.

Essentially the guy basically called the kids bluff. The guy who spat was (I imagine) thinking "he's a politician, he's not actually going to do anything", unfortunately for him a BNP politician is just a yob in a suit.

Though the BNP are making some relatively significant steps to becoming a more legitimate political party, they are still mostly racist thugs, even if they try to water down their policies.

The fairly substantial difference between the image they're trying to promote, and the actual reality of the people standing for seats and so on, kind of makes me want freedom of speech to have less restrictions. Not because I want to hear racist things said, I just think it might be better if they got their bigotry out in the open, and show their actual views. Might help stop their increasing popularity.. But anyway, they're pretty insignificant.

The fairly substantial difference between the image they're trying to promote, and the actual reality of the people standing for seats and so on, kind of makes me want freedom of speech to have less restrictions. Not because I want to hear racist things said, I just think it might be better if they got their bigotry out in the open, and show their actual views. Might help stop their increasing popularity.. But anyway, they're pretty insignificant.

They aren't restricted from being racists apart from incitement to violence and the like. They are consciously trying to censor themselves in a bid to be electable. There is a video of Nick Griffen saying as much at a KKK meeting in the USA. Thankfully they seem to have polled less than they did at the euro elections and have failed miserably to even gain a single seat.

They aren't restricted from being racists apart from incitement to violence and the like. They are consciously trying to censor themselves in a bid to be electable. There is a video of Nick Griffen saying as much at a KKK meeting in the USA. Thankfully they seem to have polled less than they did at the euro elections and have failed miserably to even gain a single seat.

I was under the impression that there were laws against saying racist and homophobic things?

There are hate crime laws for certain. They just word things carefully so they stay just inside the line of what is permissable, at least when the media is around anyway.

The US can't have hate crime laws as at least 1/5th of their current senators and congressmen would be criminals now ;)

I was under the impression that there were laws against saying racist and homophobic things?

There aren't really.

There is incitement to racial hatred which Nick Griffin has a conviction for but thats more specific than just saying racist stuff.

Archived