BNP candidate in punch-up

Stealthbomber

Anyone spits at me and they'll get the same.

I reckon it's about time the disrespectful little shiteheads got a good kicking anyhow.

Good on him.

Ben.

EDIT:: Also, for those of you whose ears aren't quite as tuned as mine, he is NOT saying "How many of youse are robbers?"

He's saying "How many is there of us?", and gesturing behind him, to his BNP compatriots.

The asian kids started it, and apparently started swearing at him from across the road, before coming over and spitting at him.

The guy's an ex-Royal Marine.

EDIT2:: Also, it's interesting how many of you are pegging this reaction to his BNP candidacy, instead of normal human nature.

Weren't you all cheering when Two Jags popped that egger? :rolleyes:

Or have you been brainwashed into the Labour 'racial hate crime' mindset; just because the lads who instigated it all happened to be asian, it MUST be racially motivated?

At no point in the video does he say or do anything racist - just a natural angry reaction to an unprovoked act of violence... In this case, spitting.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone spits at me and they'll get the same.

I reckon it's about time the disrespectful little shiteheads got a good kicking anyhow.

Good on him.

Wouldn't expect anything less. :P

EDIT:: Also, for those of you whose ears aren't quite as tuned as mine, he is NOT saying "How many of youse are robbers?"

He's saying "How many is there of us?", and gesturing behind him, to his BNP compatriots.

Actually I think you are right there. So it's not a joke as Panoptes tried to make out at all! Just an invitation to come and have a go.

The guy's an ex-Royal Marine.

So what? He's now a racist thug, hardly an image I think the Royal Marines would take delight in associating with.

Also, it's interesting how many of you are pegging this reaction to his BNP candidacy, instead of normal human nature.

Weren't you all cheering when Two Jags popped that egger? :rolleyes:

Were we? This is certainly a more sustained and brutal attack than Prescott's singular punch. Three guys laying into one on the floor? Bloody cowards.

I peg this to his BNP candidacy because:

a) He is a BNP candidate and was out campaigning at the time.

B) The BNP are trying not to present themselves as stupid thugs and this demonstrates that they are. Firstly for doing this on camera and secondly for the aforementioned total overreaction. This wasn't self-defense it was mindless thuggery.

c) It happened on the eve of the election so is important.

My point about what he said wasn't that it was 'an invitation to come and have a go'.

More of a friendly, but fair, warning. Without his regional dialect, it would sound more like 'come on lads, look how many of us there are?'

It wasn't mindless thuggery. The asian lad was right up in his face, and then spat at him. That is disgusting and disrespectful, for one, and also assault. If it was, he would have been arrested when police arrived on the scene.

I don't think you'd get away with pinning the attack on him because he is a BNP candidate. It can't help, sure, but making a generalisation that all BNP members are thugs and showing this as proof won't wash (I'm not saying you are, just for the record).

Why? Because nothing about this had anything to do with the BNP, other than possibly the asian lads motivation for swearing and then the intial assault. A man intimidates and then spits on another, and gets a subsequent beating. Fair enough. Lesson learned.

My point about him being an ex-RM is not that they're all racists (obviously), because this incident isn't anything to do with that at all. It's that I'd bet anyone who spits in ANY RM's face would get the same.

Ben.

My point about what he said wasn't that it was 'an invitation to come and have a go'.

More of a friendly, but fair, warning. Without his regional dialect, it would sound more like 'come on lads, look how many of us there are?'

It wasn't mindless thuggery. The asian lad was right up in his face, and then spat at him. That is disgusting and disrespectful, for one, and also assault. If it was, he would have been arrested when police arrived on the scene.

I don't think you'd get away with pinning the attack on him because he is a BNP candidate. It can't help, sure, but making a generalisation that all BNP members are thugs and showing this as proof won't wash (I'm not saying you are, just for the record).

Why? Because nothing about this had anything to do with the BNP, other than possibly the asian lads motivation for swearing and then the intial assault. A man intimidates and then spits on another, and gets a subsequent beating. Fair enough. Lesson learned.

My point about him being an ex-RM is not that they're all racists (obviously), because this incident isn't anything to do with that at all. It's that I'd bet anyone who spits in ANY RM's face would get the same.

Ben.

Well it is thuggery to kick people while they're down, I agree the guys being asian is quite possibly a complete coincidence. And yes you'll probably get a good thump if you do that to most RM's, but it's not the kind of behaviour a prospective MP should be displaying. Paddy Ashdown on the other hand is the kind of ex military man who knows how to do politics :D

The candidate's action aside, I can't believe people are brushing the lads' aggressive behaviour and deliberate provocation under the carpet. Slack-jawed, PC liberals.

Not too sure anybody's doing that.

We're just questioning the professionalism of a political figure who immediately resorts to phsical violence in an adverse situation.

To be fair, I suspect what really happened is that a group of asian lads had been following the BNP gadgie around while he was campaigning and what we saw was his frustration coming to a head.

Horses for courses though, innit?

If I was in a pub and somebody antagonised me and then spat on me I'd probably invite them outside for a chat about it.

Conversely, if I was in a pub with my boss and the same thing happened I'd roll my eyes, shake my head and suggest we got a taxi to take us to a decent pole-dancing club.

I don't think that makes me a slack-jawed PC liberal. It makes me smart enough to consider the circumstances before acting.

The candidate's action aside, I can't believe people are brushing the lads' aggressive behaviour and deliberate provocation under the carpet. Slack-jawed, PC liberals.

Learn to read please:

I think the spitting wasn't warranted but can see the appeal of it where bigots like that BNP guy are concerned. However the Asian guys aren't running to be an MP which is probably the main own goal this whole thing shows up. "BNP member is a racist thug" isn't after all news or suprising. "BNP parlimentary candidate assaults Asian man" is!

I don't know, I think our MP's should have balls.

Kicking a man on the ground with a bunch of your mates laying into him as well doesn't take balls. It's also monumentally stupid to do it on camera.

Also a big +1 for Paddy Ashdown. An intelligent man who is hard as nails (Royal Marines, SBS and MI6).

I know you like to hang on the fact that he kicked the guy while he was on the floor... But he also put him there in the first place.

That to me makes it better than if, say, his minders had hit the lad, and started laying into him, and then the BNP candidate went in for a sneaky kick when he was already down.

And his mates didn't really pile on - a lot of them were just standing there.

Ben.

I know you like to hang on the fact that he kicked the guy while he was on the floor... But he also put him there in the first place.

That to me makes it better than if, say, his minders had hit the lad, and started laying into him, and then the BNP candidate went in for a sneaky kick when he was already down.

And his mates didn't really pile on - a lot of them were just standing there.

Yeah, we get it, you have a hard on for hard men. :P

Also a big +1 for Paddy Ashdown. An intelligent man who is hard as nails (Royal Marines, SBS and MI6).

Damn right, the perfect leader of a political party - wise, speaks with authority, and can KILL A MAN WITH HIS BARE HANDS! =D

Oh well.

• Aggressive, gobby chavs got a shoeing.

• Aggressive, gobby morons failed to win any voters.

That's a result in my book. wink.gif

Definitely!

Oh well.

• Aggressive, gobby chavs got a shoeing.

• Aggressive, gobby morons failed to win any voters.

That's a result in my book. wink.gif

Nail on the head mate!

Chav got a good kicking!

Personally, I voted Lib Dem, but spitting in someones face, disgusting, regardless of political veiw, that kid deserved a shoeing!

Pah, we'll never know the full story, what was said in the lead up to the Asians flying over the road towards the bnp morons, and to be honest... does anyone care? both got what they deserved.

It was actually a great result where the BNP was concerned. They didn't gain a single seat, had less overall votes than they did in the Euro elections and lost a load/all of their council seats.

I had no idea, that is excellent news.

Yeah, BNP only has 19 councillors, and just look where 5 of those bastards are...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/election2010/council/html/3765.stm

:(

In other news, did anyone else here know that there was an airsofter running for election in Crewe?

James Clutton (UKIP)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/election2010/results/constituency/b25.stm

Archived