Cant access forums from home?!

I think I know the problem, I can't get on the site from my blackberry or opera mini, I'm pretty sure that our new firewall is slightly pro/overactive and blocking what it considers to be suspicious traffic. At the moment that seems to include certain proxies and methods of accessing the server. It's an issues that's now on the nice small list of things to tweak.

Try posting a traceroute to arniesairsoft.co.uk from your home IP address on here (hash out the last three numbers of your own IP if you want).

I am having the same problem using Sky broadband.

I have tried a traceroute and get 'unable to resolve target system name arniesairsoft.co.uk'

I hope this helps in some way. I am happy to run other tests if requested.

Cheers,

Al.

Edited by Alirowe

I am having the same problem using Sky broadband.

I have tried a traceroute and get 'unable to resolve target system name arniesairsoft.co.uk'

I hope this helps in some way. I am happy to run other tests if requested.

Cheers,

Al.

I got the same, or something to that effect.

The affected parties that can't get on are being blocked by the security firewall, to open it up I need the IPs of those affected. Just email/PM me or post the results from http://whatismyip.com/ Leave off last three digits if you're worried about security. I believe that at the moment virgin cable and sky are blocked. As soon as I know the affected IP ranges/zones I can have the firewall adjusted.

• 2 weeks later...

During this lask week I've been able to access the forums every other day. One day it works, the other it doesn't. Same with news frontpage.

Has this been a general issue? I'm connecting from Spain and with at least three different providers.