FLIGHTPOWER EON-X 30C 2200MAH 3S

Tacitus

Sorry if this is in the wrong section :/

This is the battery: http://www.flightpower.co.uk/ProductListDetail.asp?FileB2BArticleDetailID=1459323

The width and length seem ok, but it might be a bit too tall, so I was wondering if anyone has tried it. I'm really not a fan of the large foregrips, so space is at a premium in there.

Or if anyone knows of a similar 11.1v lipo, please post it here.

They make a 11.1v 1200 Mah which would definitely fit, but I'd like a larger capacity lipo ideally.

T

That's LiPos for ya. Unless you play for several days straight, or use drum mags generously, anything around 1000mAh is more than enough.

I use a 11.1V Rhino 40C 1050mAh in my hi-speed M4 (not really hi-speed tuned, it just works that way when you combine 11.1V LiPo with a G&P M160 motor). It goes ~110M/s. After a typical gameday with several 450rd hicaps used, the battery only charges around 300mAh before it's full again.

that pack costs a fair bit , and are you sure you need 11.1v?

check hobby citycomparison page for configuration and capacity.

id say, unless 11.1v is essential, get the largest capacity

7.4v you can fit within the battery compartment. i would not

pay the high prices for these branded packs as they perform the

same as sippy and turnigy from hobby city.

if you want to pay the money for a branded pack buy the polyquest

with increased charging rates up to 5c for example

Thanks for the info so far guys!

I aleady have a 7.4v 2050 mAh LiPo, but I haven't skirmished it enough to run it flat and I had no idea 1200 mAh would be more than enough! Gzus11, thanks for that link. I didn't know a new battery could be so affordable :wide-eyed:

The problem I'm having is that quick trigger pulls in semi-auto often leave my gears partially cycled, engaging the cut-off lever just enough to disable semi-auto. A few rounds in full auto is the only way to cure it. Don from Unconventional Airsoft suggested a 11.1v LiPo, saying the indreased ROF might reduce the chance of a partial cycle completion.

But as an unrelated issue I need new gears, so I decided to try a faster ratio. When they arrive I'll see if they help at all...

no, if you have tha partial cycle etc on 7v 11v will give more partial cycle, leading to

double tap on semi. it will also increas rof which could cause trouble in your gearbox.

do you have a motor controller(mosfet) installed? a plain mosfet switch will give better

trigger response but again may give double tap on 7v, so id say build buy etc a braked

mosfet switch - dc motor controller detailed in the tech section hoe to build and info

threads. if you can solder and source the parts its straight forward build and install.

Oh wow. That's awesome mileage. May I ask what other internals are in your AK74?

Its got Deans connectors, Infected Mosfet, Kanzen bearings, Prommy 509mm tightbore, blue madbull rubber, SCS bucking, Guarder SP110 spring, bearing spring guide and vented piston head. All other parts are stock including the gears and motor. Its had a reshim and grease with Teflon Ceramic grease. Its doing 350 fps on the nails head once the hop is adjusted correctly.

Outstanding gun.

no, if you have tha partial cycle etc on 7v 11v will give more partial cycle, leading to

double tap on semi. it will also increas rof which could cause trouble in your gearbox.

do you have a motor controller(mosfet) installed? a plain mosfet switch will give better

trigger response but again may give double tap on 7v, so id say build buy etc a braked

mosfet switch - dc motor controller detailed in the tech section hoe to build and info

threads. if you can solder and source the parts its straight forward build and install.

I have one of Infected's AB MOSFETs installed, luckily I'm not getting any double taps with a 7.4v LiPo. Do you mind explaining how a faster ROF (caused by a 11.1v LiPo) will worsen the partial cycle problem? Don suggested the opposite would be true so I'm unsure what to do:blink: Also my new gears are on their way, so my ratio will be changing from 19.2:1 to 16:1. In your opinion, will that worsen the partial cycle problem?

Its got Deans connectors, Infected Mosfet, Kanzen bearings, Prommy 509mm tightbore, blue madbull rubber, SCS bucking, Guarder SP110 spring, bearing spring guide and vented piston head. All other parts are stock including the gears and motor. Its had a reshim and grease with Teflon Ceramic grease. Its doing 350 fps on the nails head once the hop is adjusted correctly.

Outstanding gun.

Thanks for that, it does sound nice :P

i cant say if it will resolve your specific problem. but whats happening.

momentum = mass x velocity (cant recall the terms for rotational) mass will remain constant

and velocity increases due to the voltage increase (approx 66%) therfore momentum increases.

if mass and braking remain the larger momentun takes longer to dissipate, and more overrun.

this may stop the semi cutoff being locked but does not reduce the overrun

lowering the gear ratio means that the gears spin faster, again higher momentum to be dissipated

and more gear overrun, which may prevent the semi problem. also if you are combining the 11.1v

with the lower ratio gears the rof will greater again.

last thing i have to say it your braking chip may not be operating at 100% capability, my setup

stops at the same point every time on semi whether the trigger is pulled quick succession

or slow single shots. this could also be down to the motor having a higher resistance and

getting less effect from the brake (as it is related to reverse current flow)

have a check of your motor for worn brushes contamination etc you may even be able to clean

it out and break/bed it in the brushes again.

Thanks for the scientific explanation, it makes perfect sense now. Without a sensor on the sector gear (and the necessary electronics to monitor/control it), it's an inexact system, and with so many variables it's hard to know if there's one particular part of the system which would fix the problem.

My motor is an old CA stock one which came with the gun, which looks pretty tricky to disassemble. But I have a new Guarder Infinite Torque Up motor coming to me along with the gears, so when I've installed it we'll see if the braking improves. Do you mean that there could also be a problem with the chip itself? If so, how would I go about testing it?

Also, while this question is probably answered elsewhere it's always good to get several opinions, so I'll just ask it anyway: Will my new motor need any cleaning/preparation etc before I start using it?

id say break/bed the motor in before you even apply power to it.

it comes from rc and helps the motor perform better and last longer.

the chip is probably fine if you say its an old motor, i was just thinking of causes

fr poor braking most likely the old motor/brushes. so run the motor in first then try

it in the before changing anything else, then go to the gears then battery for a resolution.

to run the motor in, you want a cup/pint glass of water and a 3v supply, two d cells

etc. wire up the motor place in the water then apply the 3v and let it run. some

guides say run the two d cells until the motor stops. but last i did was to spin the

new motor by hand for reference and then run the motor for 5 mins and feel the spin,

repeat. once it run in it will feel much smoother and the brushes will be seated correctly

so you see less sparking when the motor i run at full power.

Archived