Looking for hard-to find AK bits

GuzziHero

This is for a CYMA AK. Sorry, forgot to put it in the title...

---

Dont suppose someone could tell me where I might be able to purchase the following...?

bitzneeded.jpg

The black bits each end of the top cover and front sight.

Everyone seems to be out of stock of the sights, and the furniture kits Ive seen for sale dont include the metal clips.

Also, does anyone know if the plastic top covers that come in kits need the clips?

Cheers!

Best way to check is next to the mag well (Look at the mag well not at the sides of it), if there's visible screws, then its the marui approach to making an ak (I think they are easier to strip). If there are no visible screws, by the mag well, then its the vfc approach, more akin to the real deal.

CM035, I think its Marui compatible? Stripping it requires removing 2 screws in front of the magwell and 2 screws in it. The top cover of the foregrip is retained by a pin which extends from the top of the receiver when the battery compartment is shut.

TM compatible body, but sounds like a Kalash compatible foregrip. Measure the length & I can compare it to my Kalash one. Is the FSB held on with a grub screw underneath or does it have pins holding it to the outer barrel?

I have a Kalash AK74 and this has a different fixing system. The Kalash has the realistic grip removal where you flip a lever on the right side, this has a small round dowel (like the one that holds the flash hider on) that extends frop the very top of the receiver.

Here's a pic:

DSCF2220.jpg

You can see the damage to the front sight, and the round thing on the top right is one of the end caps for the top cover. One gun is missing the rear cap, the other is missing both, and both need front sight units.

Kalash RK-01 & RK-06 don't use the same retention system. Comparing to a different model AK-74 won't help you.

Your gun has a spring loaded rod that retracts when the hinged top receiver cover is raised to remove the battery, right?

Archived