Magpul MOE handguard looong version

renegadecow

I thought about this concept long before when I got a carbine length one for my M4, which is the only length that exists, basically bodge two together and make it fit an M16A2. Then I was surprised to see this item listed at a local store just recently.

IMG_1125.jpg

I've looked around and it seems to have missed the news grapevine probably keeping it low profile being a Magpul knockoff. I wouldn't be surprised if Magpul does eventually make a long one for A2's after seeing this; to be honest it looks kinda cool.

edit:

where I found it

http://www.filairsoft.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72085

I find it really weird to find products that skip the usual Hong Kong retailers and just see them pop up here like the fake ACS stock I got some time back. It took maybe 2 or 3 weeks before I saw the same stock finally being sold in HK.

Magpul and Magpul PTS will eventually be releasing them, just not yet. My immediate inclination was to say those are fakes, but the box packaging caught me off guard. If that packaging is indeed ACM ... those ACM manufacturers are really going all out to falsely advertise fakes as PTS products.

These are most definitely fakes (ACM), just another case of knockoffs coming out before the real ones do. You have to give them credit as to how far they've copied the originals. On the ACS for example, everything from the box down to the manual is copied.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=179437

I really dont care that acm factories try to make them look like magpul or magpul pTS products if the shops selling them advertises them as "ACM" with a price according to such "quality"...

Back on topic, Renegadecow, I demand pics of it installed on an M16 :bleh:

I haven't really fully considered picking one up yet as I don't have a full length M16. But now that Orca has posted that picture, I'm confused just for what AR-15 length handguards these knockoffs are to replace. I only knew of two handguard lengths which is for the carbine and the full length M16. This ACM handguard looks to be in between the M16 length and the one in the middle of Orca's pic.

From a practical standpoint, what does this offer that standard polymer foregrips don't?

Comfier to grip, Holes cut in various areas to allow for different size rails to be attached wherever the hell you like them as opposed to just top or bottom, and more of the barrel is shrouded when the bottom section is removed to mount an m203.

Mainly though, it looks cool.

It's just the other half of EBB. The reason they have two sites is because on EBB they can't sell the fake Magpul stuff so they sell it on the Pro&T site.

Sure on that? I get much better service and shipping times with Pro--T.com.

It's just the other half of EBB. The reason they have two sites is because on EBB they can't sell the fake Magpul stuff so they sell it on the Pro&T site.

I'm almost completely sure they are not related. I've dealt with Pro-T a few times and its nothing like EBB. The shipping comes out a bit weird at times on the site, just email them for a confirmed price of shipping to the required area.

Back on topic, the longest length hand guard does look weird to my eyes. I guess I'm so used to seeing the normal short version.

Archived