Hyper-Realistic Training + MIl-Sim...

Agent47

WARNING some parts of video may be graphic, even though they are simulated wounds...

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid50062332001?bclid=0&bctid=85579948001

Strategic Operations Hyper-Realistic Tactical Training...they probably have some variation of this at milsim events, but you have to admit the actors, explosions, and injuries are pretty hardcore...

Strategic Operations San Diego, CA, USA

I think I would rather go to real war than do that. At least I would be using all those resources for a purpose, and fighting for my country. But I suppose for some people, death is not an option, and this is their way to experience awesomeness.

I think I would rather go to real war than do that. At least I would be using all those resources for a purpose, and fighting for my country. But I suppose for some people, death is not an option, and this is their way to experience awesomeness.

If you actually watched the duration of the video, you'd see that it is for MILITARY training, i.e. TRAINING PEOPLE IN THE MILITARY. I'd rather train in a firefight that simulated instead of being chucked in to a real one not knowing even remotely what it feels like.

I serve my country, but hey, I guess I must be a *beep* because I don't want to die for my country.

I gotta say, I find anything that seems to link death (for ones country or not) to "awesomeness" rather disturbing.

You do occasionally see stuff like this at airsoft events, just on a smaller scale. I'd love to do a game like this out here but I worry that the paintball style of play whilst calling it MilSim because you have a loose objective to capture with a storyline makes me think it won't work. There is a fantastic location for it out here too.

Having been the role player a fair few times in some training exercises not too far away from what that company is offering (though obviously a fair bit smaller scale due to budget differences), I can definitely say that seeing an actor rolling about on the floor screaming with such realistic wounds certainly does make for excellent training. On some of the exercises I've done, they've hired in outside companies that employ ex-military guys who genuinely have lost limbs, along with make-up and prosthetic professionals, and the end result might as well be real, it's genuinely stomach churning to see. Between the explosions going off around you, the realistic enemies and the casualties it all results in, you can definitely get quite close to what the real *suitcase* might be like.

Relevant to airsoft? I don't really think so, perhaps on the side of small pyrotechnics going off here and there, that's always good, role playing actors for 'locals' etc. But super realistic casualties, gun fire, simulated IEDs and RPGs going off right next to you.. not really something I'd imagine most people want to experience as part of their hobby.

First all I can say is ohmy.gif if we plyed that we would have brown trousers not from mud tho.

Relevant to airsoft? I don't really think so, perhaps on the side of small pyrotechnics going off here and there, that's always good, role playing actors for 'locals' etc. But super realistic casualties, gun fire, simulated IEDs and RPGs going off right next to you.. not really something I'd imagine most people want to experience as part of their hobby.

The pyrotechnics would be great for airsoft but that would be it. The back drop would be great as well but not with all the lost limbs etc.

I think coin was being sarcastic?

I wasn't referring to the part of putting your life and others' in danger, but to the adrenaline rush you would get from the action and how it might make you feel "awesome".

Death is not awesome, ever.

Edit:Oh, and when I watched the video I didn't get all the info on what was happening because my laptop has no sound. Guess I should have watched it with sound.

Just a few things....

1. The structures look amazing, I would love to play at a field like that.

2. So what, is this place open to Civies, public?

3. While it may be MilSim, I think it's a little too over the top even for Gearwhores and Irene players. Yes I read that this is for military training, just commenting...

Personally, I wouldn't want to take part in something like that although for some the experience would be worth it. Oh well, cool to know things like that are out there.

+1, they did some awesome work on those containers, i wonder if it would be all that hard/expensive to do?

Main obstacle with using shipping containers would be the need for a large cran or fork truck to move them around.

You can buy damaged shipping containers for peanuts but then, cos they're damaged, you won't find a crane which'll lift them so you'd be a bit snookered when it came to positioning them on your site.

You could do it with a fork truck but that'd mean hiring a huge rough terrain fork truck. Not easy or cheap.

Hate to say it but I hope no site owners look at this sort of thing and consider trying it.

As it is, even some of the most "hardcore" milsim events can miss out on fundamental issues which lead to events being rather poor and the last thing we need is for sites to start expending effort on flashy props and effects rather than focussing on getting the core features of the scenario correct.

Archived