hi i am a newbie living historian and not an airsofter i wish to collect weapons for display but after joining i see we are restricted to this 100 post rules which was not mentioned at registration, which effectivly makes my being a member a waste of time! i wish only to buy so please take this as a complaint moderation team. it would take me months and months to post 100 times so no good to me sorry. and i think it puts people like me off who may or may not be considering airsoft as a hobby. I guess i will be buying elsewhere.

regards

nick

If you only need 1 post to access the sales forum, any old scammer can come along, list an expensive gun with random interweb photos, take the money and dissapear. It's a sensible, useful security measure and has prevented an awful lot of people losing money for an item that doesn't exist.

Try over on zeroin.co.uk - You can access the sales forum on joining, and are free to buy anything you like with a considerable risk of losing a pile of money for something that never existed.

You are unable to buy RIFs without a valid defence, such as being a skirmisher. Please read the VCRA forum: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showforum=71

The 100 posts limit is to prevent scammers, afterall who is going to invest the time required to make 100 posts only to run off with a few hundred pounds?

if you were seriously considering airsoft as a hobby, then making 100 posts wouldnt seem like that big of a deal to you.

Not that many people would sell you an RIF anyway, without proof of defence.

Please stop trying to break the law on our forums.

So to summarise:

I want to buy a RIF without the legal right to do so. I am angry as this forum will not help me achieve this illegal act. Because you are being all selfish and follow the legal precedents of the UK, I wish to complain.

You're clearly a troll. I'm banning you now.

Just to add, it's not just that we're worried about deliberate scammers.

We enacted the 100 post rule because we were getting heaps of people joining the forums and then offering fake rolex watches or dodgy Nike trainers for sale.

It's not that we assume new members are scammers. The rule prevents all sorts of dodgy eBay cast-offs getting flogged here.