Too much kit?

SoSwift

.I remember a guy said that he planted his knee down and it turned out to be right on a rock, well his knee cap cracked or something.

I've also smashed my knee on a hidden rock in woodland. You could see the bone and had to go to hospital to have it cleaned out of the bits of rock and dirt still lodged in it. Not fun. Kneepads are indeed the future.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG, how many times, I've taken the comment back already, yes it was a stupid thing to say, my argument was unfounded and I accept that, can we return to the original topic please.

sunshine , best thing you can do is "man up" and take the sh*t untill people get bored having a go at you . :P

Be kind to your knees. You'll miss them when they're gone.

I, too, used to disdain knee pads. Then I spent a week long exercise on Swynnerton training area, doing section and platoon attacks from dawn until dusk every day. The entire place is covered with rubble, much of which is hidden by grass or other plants. Any time you kneel down it's a gamble as to whether or not there's some broken brick or piece of rebar under what looks nice and soft...

Besides which, real infantry out on operations get issued knee pads. Tell you what, go up to a Para and tell him that wearing knee pads makes him a big girl's blouse and see what he says. :waggle:

It's all well and good when you're 17 and in the Army Cadets or whatever, but later in life you'll find that injuries are a lot more serious than missing a few days of school and football practise on Sunday morning; getting injured is something to be avoided, and protection equipment is a good thing.

Archived