Comedy Non-Hit Takers

harborne blue

This thread makes me think about a CQB terrain I visited for the first time. Not that big, so only 20 players in total. The terrain is divided in two rooms, with a tower in one room. For one game, while some guys took a break, we had to rush in from the other room, 4 players were in the tower and the tower was surrounded with ammo boxes. Our goal was to take all those ammo boxes back to our spawn. 

So, after we took the easiest boxes, I make sure to be quiet and get arround the tower when I see one defender shooting the total opposite way. So, I shoot him with my DE triple shotgun. He flinches, rubs on the place where I hit him, looks arround, sees nothing and keeps going (mind you, he was only wearing a t-shirt and I was only 10 metres away but well hidden). Fine I think, let's try again. I place another shot in roughly the same area. And the scenario repeats itself. At that moment, I try one more time. And he just flinches and keeps going. So I just kept shooting him in the same area. After about 4 more shots, he called hit. He really must have had a painfull shoulder the next day, as I had to lay down 7 shots on roughly the same spot before he called hit. (And I made sure for the rest of the day, when I was able, to shoot the same spot).

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh wow guys way to be *albatross* hats...I didnt delibertly shoot him in the head thats just the only thing that popped up. I actually felt bad for him and the previous guy I shot. My team mate basically said "Dont feel bad it was HIS CHOICE not to wear good face protection". Its not like I wasnt going to get the drop on him because I could only see his head...it was kind of like an instinctive move.

I have a few really rich ones from last weekend.

The first round of the day was the usual hurr durr of one team gaining slight advantage and dominating. There's this local team called "Trident" who are mostly ex-army/navy people, running the black top-tan pants SEAL look. They have sponsporship from a local shop, attitude to match and usually take over the part of the staging area nearest the owner's little camp and plaster their team poster on the fence. Their attitudes were horrible, they attempted to engage one player across from us who was outside the range of my r-hopped gun and then had the gall to yell at him to call his hits. They continued to make rude comments about the other team being "kids" as if that matters and generally brought a poor atmosphere like a dark raincloud wherever they went.

I promptly switched teams.  As we drew near to their spawn area, they began to insist we were "spawnkilling" them though we were a good 30m out. They sat there refusing to move even though they had opportunity to push up and take cover easily. They stood in the open next to their respawn being shot, refusing to call themselves out while returning fire. This repeated itself at least once more towards the end of the day, with them complaining about spawnkilling while we were still 60m out and being fired on by people who didn't have the good sense to move.

Towards the end of the day at one point we were across from (but not in true spawnkilling range) of the other side's respawn area, and they could have avoided being shot repeatedly by simply going to the backside of the structure instead of standing in front of it. I called to them to even do this so we didn't keep executing helpless players. One of the Trident guys rushes out in the open, with five of us in good cover behind a suburban with a clean shot on him. He fired on our teammates elsewhere before spotting us, during which time I had nailed him repeatedly at close range. He then turns back to fire at me, fails miserably. I can see him through the glass window of the car I was behind. I come up for a second volley aimed right for him and (mostly) same result, however getting shot by multiple people brought him down. He calls himself out but was hit a few more times at once, some in the face, then whips around and shoots one of my guys because "You shoot me with my gun down, I'll shoot you *fruitcage* back." I then yelled over at him, while he cussed out our whole team, something like "You're complaining about being shot in a game about being shot? Really?" His fault for not wearing a mask...we pulled back after that to give them breathing room and still steamrolled them.

Some people.

Sounds similar to a few times I've played....some of the older folks can be snobs. I was at a field and the owner literally stops the game and yells at someone because he walked DIRECTLY in front of their line of fire! He then sat their and gave him the stink eye for like 3 minutes straight.....Then some of the older guys just wouldnt even talk to the younger kids...like we all know the super young kids who are scared or REALLY bad but instead of just ignoring them right off the bat why cant we try and help them? Way too much arrogance sometimes....

... I had to lay down 7 shots on roughly the same spot before he called hit. 

Well there's your problem!! You obviously weren't playing on hardcore mode! :P

My local site is quite good for hit taking, I think I am quite lucky there. Admittedly I've only been playing for five months but in that time I've only seen one instance of intentional 'not taking his hits'

A rather rotund gentleman wearing desert DPM and webbing was standing in the open and miraculously dodging the pot shots of 5-6 players on the other team. I say miraculous not only because he was a large and slow bloke, but mostly because he did it without moving! They were all within 30m of him and are fairly accurate shots, I've seen one or two of them pull of some good 'eye of the needle' kind of shots before.

Anyway eventually one of the players taking pots shots decides to up the anti and starts to fire full auto bursts at Desert DPM. After about ten seconds he finally gets the message and sticks his hand up and the fire stops. 

After all this Desert DPM then decides he is within his rights to turn around and yell at them that "when I stick my hand up! You stop shooting!"

At this point they were all facing the other way and engaging someone else so I don't even think they heard that one, shame cos I thought that topped things off quite nicely!

Archived