King Arms KAC SR15E3 IWS - SBR (11.5" barrel)

uscmCorps

Looks like King Arms is jumping on the KAC SR15 SBR band wagon:

kaag71.jpg

http://www.kingarms.com/productpage.asp?prodid=1872

While the gun doesn't have a KAC style TTB flashhider, it's really great to see they got the barrel length right at 11.5" long (compared to VFC's not quite so accurate 12" barrel). Still a little dissappointed that they continue to incorrectly label the gun a SR16, rather than the SR15 that it actually is (even VFC gets that wrong), but for the most part, it looks like a solid addition to their lineup.

Actually, since King Arms has been known to use Magpul PTS parts in their guns in the past, I'm surprised they don't make a Magpul-ized SR15 SBR. Actually, the Magpul Dynamics SR15 would be HOT!

Pretty.

Would definitely make a solid skirmish platform in the UK. Ready to go FPS wise out of the box, plenty of sling points, good battery storage options at the rear, and I'm sure the URX will be plenty solid for folks to mount all the stuff they want up front. That as well as the barrel length being a sound compromise between range and handling characteristics, loads of room for customising and all.

What? The markings are VFC, not KA.

It's hard trying to understand you...

I mean KA in the sense of Knights Armament, not King Arms. Sorry it didn't dawn on me they had the same initials lol.

Anyway, the VFC comes with a really solid TTB, but the markings are for VFC. The King Arms has the Knights markings, which I really like, but doesn't come with a TTB. I was just wondering if anyone on here would recommend one over the other based on internal/external quality.

I mean KA in the sense of Knights Armament, not King Arms. Sorry it didn't dawn on me they had the same initials lol.

Anyway, the VFC comes with a really solid TTB, but the markings are for VFC. The King Arms has the Knights markings, which I really like, but doesn't come with a TTB. I was just wondering if anyone on here would recommend one over the other based on internal/external quality.

The VFC has KAC markings as well. Just don't buy from the US. I'd go with the KA personally since the VFC has a barrel that is a bit too long.

-OGGY

While the gun doesn't have a KAC style TTB flashhider, it's really great to see they got the barrel length right at 11.5" long (compared to VFC's not quite so accurate 12" barrel). Still a little dissappointed that they continue to incorrectly label the gun a SR16, rather than the SR15 that it actually is (even VFC gets that wrong), but for the most part, it looks like a solid addition to their lineup.

Knights labels any full-auto capable weapon SR-16.

15 is civilian use.

It's TECHNICALLY accurate.

But anywho- DROOL!

So much cheaper than VFC, I hope.

And I'm sure eHobby will ###### our some Magpul parts for an EA Custom.

I have got a chance to examine my team mates SR15 by King Arms..... The king arms was not up to the VFC in terms of quality. The finish on the king arms was starting to wear off and the stock was *suitcase* . I felt like the winner was obvious, that is just my two cents for the people deciding.

VFC>KA

I have got a chance to examine my team mates SR15 by King Arms..... The king arms was not up to the VFC in terms of quality. The finish on the king arms was starting to wear off and the stock was *suitcase* . I felt like the winner was obvious, that is just my two cents for the people deciding.

VFC>KA

Thanks! That helps.

I've had my KA SR15 for over half a year now and my finish is perfectly fine, no wear whatsoever. Internal quality is great and it has stood up to many thousands of rounds (in semi auto only mind you) but my stock is wobbly which I addressed to KA themself.

I'd say if you have the money, go for a VFC, if you don't you'll be more than happy with the KA.

hmm...

It doesnt have the properly scalloped ambi mag release either USCM...I don't see why its so damn hard to get all the details right.

This might be worth parting with my p90 for. This would be a nice to have..and Hell I can always drop my larue upper onto it...Hmmm. I wonder.

When I purchased my VFC Combat Master I was peeved at the SR-16 "error", USCM Corps was even there!

However, KAC now designates this weapon as the SR-16 CQB.

http://www.knightarm...ges/sr15_1.html

Finally, I can look at my gun and not feel shame...

"The fully automatic KAC SR-16 is designed for Military and Law Enforcement applications."

Emphasis on fully automatic. It was always correct, as long as a full-auto marking is on the lower.

Archived