FN SCAR Picture thread

I'm thinking of converting my VFC SCAR H to as close to the 16" barrel as possible. I was thinking of getting the barrel extension for the light and the 3 prong heavy flash hider

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=VFC-FH-SCAR-02&search=special&rs=vfc%20scar%20&catid=&cat=

and

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=VFC-ACC-SCAR145SOB&search=special&rs=vfc%20scar%20&catid=&cat=

What do you guys think ?

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When you say stock extension do you mean stock as in standard or as in lock, stock and barrel? and any linkies available for said items ? what Ris extension is that you have ? (sorry for all the questions, but your SCAR is the shizz ) The look I was going for was like the one http://kitup.military.com/wp-content/gallery/scar-pics-in-the-combat-zone/scar-seal-1.jpg here.

Edited by Pdubyuh

Yes I have the PWS extension, it ran about $200 if memory severs and is not exactly drop in. I also have an EGLM and used to run it like this

DSC_2226.jpg

By stock extension I mean the barrel extension that will come with your SCAR, it is roughly 2 inches long, then add on the 14.5 inch extension and you'll be at ~16 inches. Just remember a FH isn't factored into barrel length for military weapons. The VFC long extension is for 18 inches, but WE's 14.5 extension will also fit the SCAR-H.

• 4 weeks later...

Inspired by frogfish's excellent example, I took receipt of this recently and threw it together for a few pics next to my WE SCAR-L (I hope they post OK).

Ingredients are:

VFC SCAR-SSR

Magpul XTM Covers

VFC 7.62 SCAR Silencer

G&P OP Red Dot with 1 O'Clock mount

CM Elcan Specter Replica

G&P Stubby Vert Grip

VFC AN/PEQ 15

7.62 Magpul

Magpul PTS Sling

G&P QD Bipod

Will be performing a few upgrades on the gearbox in line with my VFC SCAR-L experiences before taking it out on the field.

post-74882-0-91506500-1322904409_thumb.jpg

post-74882-0-41496100-1322904413_thumb.jpg

post-74882-0-84615600-1322904416_thumb.jpg

post-74882-0-50939800-1322904419_thumb.jpg

How is the accuracy of that SSR? I want to buy one for a DMR- is it a good fit for the role?

Hi SCAR527

To be honest I don't know yet about its accuracy, as I've not taken it out on a range or playing field (those pics were taken about 10 minutes after unboxing and throwing the accesories on). As mentioned I have a few upgrades (incluing the spring) to make to the gearbox, before I settle on a configuration that I can "break in" and then see where it ends up in terms of accuracy, range and consistency of trajectory (the latter IMHO is the most important). I'll report back once I've managed to run a fair bit of ammo through it.

I'm also thinking of running with two lower receiver/gearbox setups, one at 350fps and the other at 450fps (semi-only), dependant on the site rules I'm playing at, but in either case the SSR will only come out for certain "missions" where an overwatch role is required/sensible.

Oh BTW unlike some of the earlier VFC SCAR examples described in other threads, both my VFC L and SSR have steel bushings in the gearbox rather than the previously reported nylon, so that's an improvement over previous production runs.

If you're looking for info on the VFC SCAR SSR, a guy on my local forum did a really great review on it here. If you check some of his other threads, he's made a thread where he lists upgrades he's done to it, and as I recall, after installing an R-Hop, he's getting phenomenal results.

http://www.c3airsoft.com/showthread.php/vfc-scar-h-ssr-25039.html

Another quick pic to show some more progress today.

I took a punt on a 7.62LR Magpul PMag and after a bit of cutting to its rear spine it now fits and feeds - can't decide if I like this more than the original though.

Added a set of Magpul Fire Selectors (better IMHO than the stock ones in terms of "feel").

Shifted the Red Dot rearwards and found a set of Butler Creek flip up dust covers which I'd mis-ordered for my HW97K air rifle, but fit the Elcan perfectly even if they are on the wrong ends :) Also added a rubber retaining strap to the Elcan battery cover rather than the piece of cotton supplied with it.

Gearbox has had a new Piston, Piston Head, Cylinder Head, Anti-Reversal Latch, Cut-Off Lever and an M90 spring to bring it under the Full Auto limits for my normal site (shoots 320fps now rather than the stock 470fps).

I'll try and get some prettier pictures of the full setup tomorrow, when I should be able to get to the range for testing, tuning & zeroing. I'll also maybe do a full write up in the review section to avoid the mods wrath by posting such stuff here.

post-74882-0-96305000-1323216829_thumb.jpg