FN SCAR Picture thread

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For those with a VFC Mk16 or 17, how much does the ELGM affect the balance of the AEG?

-Piano

It seems extremely front heavy if you're handling it in the house and trying to see how long you can stay on bore, etc.

In an actual game situation when you have adernaline to help you out it's no problem though.

Anyone here ever tried any kind of artificial wear of their scar? My TM's lower reciever is looking very toy-like atm as the plastic has gone shiny in parts..

Would also like to know if anyone has tried fitting one of these http://airsoft-club.com/shop/magazine/magazine-accessories/tactical-magazine-well-grip-for-m4-m16-magwell-black

Cheers.

Anyone here ever tried any kind of artificial wear of their scar?

Cheers.

You mean like these?

You'll need the stock extension (~2inches) plus the other extension.

This is 16 inches

DSC_2286.jpg

Yes I have the PWS extension, it ran about $200 if memory severs and is not exactly drop in. I also have an EGLM and used to run it like this

DSC_2226.jpg

By stock extension I mean the barrel extension that will come with your SCAR, it is roughly 2 inches long, then add on the 14.5 inch extension and you'll be at ~16 inches. Just remember a FH isn't factored into barrel length for military weapons. The VFC long extension is for 18 inches, but WE's 14.5 extension will also fit the SCAR-H.

that looks fantastic, however I dont think the Black version would work out so well, I should have mentioned that's the version I meant.

The pistol grip (expected) and the front of the lower reciever have gone very shiny from wear, I'm trying to think of a way to cover/fix this..

cheers.

This may be a bad idea, but try a little rubbing alcohol. it actually won't clean the oil from the plastic, it'll take a thin layer of plastic off. At least, that's what happened on my G&G when it got shiny and I tried removing it. I'm not sure how TM plastic might react to alcohol, so be really careful. I say this information more as observation than as actual advice.

• 3 weeks later...

dsc05177g.jpg

Internal: Prometheus 363mm Barrel, Hard Piston, Piston Head, Aero Cylinder Head, Stainless Type C Hard Cylinder, Air Seal Nozzle, Bearing Spring Guide, Double Torque Hard Gear Set, Enhanced Anti-Reversal Latch and 6mm Bushings. LayLax Adjustable Length Outer Barrel. Echigoya Tourque-Up motor and Eagle6 M120 Spring.

dsc05114f.jpg

External: Insight Technology PEQ-15 ATPIAL, M3X and Dual Remote Switch. EOTech 553/ Elcan Specter DR 1-4x w/Docter Reflex II. Tango Down Stubby Grip and Rail Panels, Blue Force Gear Padded VCAS 2-Point Sling.

Anyone here ever tried any kind of artificial wear of their scar? My TM's lower reciever is looking very toy-like atm as the plastic has gone shiny in parts..

Would also like to know if anyone has tried fitting one of these http://airsoft-club.com/shop/magazine/magazine-accessories/tactical-magazine-well-grip-for-m4-m16-magwell-black

Cheers.

Don't use one. Holding a Scar by the magwell is going to put your thumb in the way of the charging handle if it's big enough, which is going to hurt on the real one and potentially the GBB ones as well.

And nice scar Kalmah :)

Don't use one. Holding a Scar by the magwell is going to put your thumb in the way of the charging handle if it's big enough, which is going to hurt on the real one and potentially the GBB ones as well.

And nice scar Kalmah :)

Oh yeah.....you have no idea how much that thing hurts if you manage to stick a thumb near it on the WE SCAR OB :P

Did that once when I bought the SCAR since all of my airsoft guns don't have a "thumb-breaker" near the front of the receiver.....quickly and painfully learned to not to that again XD

Is the blowback action that strong? Sounds great. :)

Well I don't think it's THAT strong. Honestly I can't tell because I can't shoot real steel over here and I haven't shot my SCAR for some time now :P

But if you do manage to get a thumb caught on the charging handle it'll hurt or at least sting. Especially if you didn't cut your nails down enough and it catches where the fingernail and thumb meets. :P

The bolt moves way faster than the real steel one too; I think the stock SCAR averages about 16-18 rps? Considering there's about 7.5cm of length for the bolt to pull back, the speed at which the charging handle moves (taking an average of 17 rps) = (7.5*2)*17 = 255 cm/s = 2.55 m/s.....dunno if that value can give you any idea of how fast the charging handle moves (I suck at estimating speed :P) but from first hand (or thumb, if you will) experience it hurts like a *badgeress* :P