• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

imagedqwi.jpg

MINI MODE ENGAGE:

imagefog.jpg

New toys! Not the final configuration but looks good. Needs some work internally, new wiring and gear work but it'll be all good eventually. I'll be in a position to take good photos next week.

It just needs some new connectors, both spades to the motor and deans to the battery. Wiring is brittle in some places. Maybe some higher gauge wire, though I'll have to ensure it will fit in the terminal spaces between the stock and lower receiver.

Oh, yeah. I already did that stuff. It's the stock-receiver connection that has been confusing me.

Not much we can do there. You could get extended wire and circumvent the terminals, removing them and fishing it through the hole. You lose the ability to easily remove the lower then. You'd have to take the battery connector every time. How easy was putting in new wire for you? Any trouble spots? I'm thinking 16AWG.

You guys are reinforcing my decision to not go with a SCAR. The wiring set up, proprietary grip, and proprietary hop up were the major things that turned me away from that platform. I like to tinker with internals too much.

But, damn, you guys make them look so enticing.

-Ex

What do you plan to do about the wiring? I really want to beef up the wiring in my VFC Mk.17 but I'm baffled as to how I'm going to do it.

I've recently dropped AWS Raptors (rear wired) into my VFC L and SSR, which replaced the gearbox wiring. The difference has been night and day for me with no semi-auto lockups on either rifle (the SSR was especially prone to lock-ups) and I can now double tap shots with confidence. I highly recommend this upgrade if you have the budget,

Yes they do, but you have shave some of the spine off the back of the mag and also some have reported shaving a bit of the mag catch "hole", but I haven't need to do that on mine (perhaps someone can expand on the mag catch "hole" bit for reference). Also I think somebody posted a pic of a modded 20LR back around page 12-ish of the spine mod.

Hope that helps.