FN SCAR Picture thread

They fit fine on mine. although I did have some feed issues - the bb retaining tab needed a little bit of filing down so the bb's could get up into the hop unit and I could only load with 50 odd rounds initially as the spring seemed to be a little too over powerful, pushing the bb's too hard against the air nozzle. I have had the same feeding issues though with my 5.56 mags as well, so I'm not sure it was specifically to do with the LR20 mags.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta revive this thread...XD Here's my WE SCAR with a Leupold MR/T lookalike, an ACOG and an Aimpoint CompM4 that I borrowed from a friend (the magnified stuff are mine though :D):

scar1.jpg

scar2.jpg

scar3.jpg

scaracog.jpg

acogpos.jpg

scarap.jpgscarap2.jpg

scarap3.jpg

And here it is with irons :P The EOTECH Riser's kinda lonely though...probably get myself a 552 next XD

scarirons.jpg

Looks great Intinerious! Where'd you get that SF MB556 replica? They make airsoft versions of those now?

Yup, both Dytac and Crusader make them I think.

Actually, not sure about DYTAC but I know Crusader (as aznriptide mentioned) and Apple Airsoft makes them (I got mine at Shooter CB Gear for HKD 98). Problem with the Apple Airsoft one is that the vent holes near the top of the brake have bits of metal at the bottom of the hole (where the hole meets with the..hole where the bullet flies out :P) that they didn't bother to file down or remove. I shoved a wooden chopstick into it, turned the stick around a few times then washed the brake to get rid of it :P

For it's price the Apple Airsoft SF brake is damn nice with trades (which was covered with a black sharpie marking when I bought it, but I could easily rub it off with my hands) and if I didn't get the AA one I would've went with the Crusader one which is HKD 181 at WGC >___>

Oh yeah I think PDI also makes one now without the trades, it's been out for a week I think....does anyone want me to do a review of the Apple Airsoft SF brake anyway? I just did 2 reviews, might as well do another one whilst I'm on the roll :P

This is just the kind of thread I was looking for! I have some pictures of my gen 1 WE SCAR-L closed bolt. I am currently waiting for my DBOYS SCAR-H I ordered 4 weeks ago from China :angry: , its stuck in customs. Once I get it I will put up some more pics.

SCAR-L with KZ Aluminum Foregrip, and AR-15 RS rear sight (I didn't get a rear sight with it), Ruger MK1 pistol in backdrop if you can see it B)

DSC005032.jpg

DSC005072.jpg

I figured I would try something new even though my SCAR is almost 100% stock. Cacti!

DSC00509.jpg

DSC00514.jpg

DSC00517.jpg

DSC00518.jpg

That carry handle is causing me full mental meltdown.

It caused me to barf on my keyboard.

LOLWUT.

20120622_180328.jpg

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :P

On a serious note, the SCAR sights seem to sit higher than the carry handle ones. So the rear sight on the handle doesn't sit level with the front.

LOLWUT.

20120622_180328.jpg

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :P

On a serious note, the SCAR sights seem to sit higher than the carry handle ones. So the rear sight on the handle doesn't sit level with the front.

Ha! Thanks for the picture reply. I noticed the same thing as well. It can be fixed with a riser mount or a different front sight but I have not used this SCAR in an airsoft battle yet.

Ha! Thanks for the picture reply. I noticed the same thing as well. It can be fixed with a riser mount or a different front sight but I have not used this SCAR in an airsoft battle yet.

I'd save the money and get a proper sight though, instead of a riser mount :P Don't get the WE SCAR rear BUIS, it's *suitcase* and doesn't lock into the RIS trench as it doesn't have a bar that does it. Rather it locks by griping the sides of the RIS and holds it down with friction....it's just WE being lazy. Also, the BUIS is constructed poorly, I've had a ball bearing and spring pop out before..took me 15 mins to fix the damn thing >__>

I'd get a DBoys one if possible (ask for DBoys owners first whether the rear sight is good), otherwise the best rear BUIS is the VFC one and they cost A LOT. I'm not sure whether other BUIS's will work with the SCAR ones considering that the standard sights are already higher than the A2 sight on the top RIS.