FN SCAR Picture thread

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks, Mr Teatameh, that's nice of you! The scope is a Vector Optics Raptor 4-14 X 50 and it is big indeed!

DSC07517.jpg

It really looks bigger than it is because it has the "sunshader" or whatever its name is, attached to prevent the sunlight from spoiling your aim.

As for internals, it only has a JB Unicorn 6.01 precision barrel and I changed the original Tamiya connector for a Dean one, as I only use LIPOs. I have only used it once and I still new to get used to the DMR role but it is really refreshing and fun. I love this AEG.

Edited by RAGNAR_VLFSERK

Can you enlighten on the weathering technique here? I need to smash my TM up a bit!

Not to speak for the owner, but this looks like a simple paint-and-strip job done well. In this case it looks like just a single light spraying of light sand color. Do that, then quickly (within a few minutes) start rubbing down the paint with a rag and nail polish remover. It's really very easy... same technique I used on this AK. If you haven't done it before, practice on a spare stock or something, but it's honestly not hard at all... just takes a little thought.

AK47_0811_0024.jpg

I think I will now take this motivation to paint this SCAR-H I have sitting around collecting dust!

Not to speak for the owner, but this looks like a simple paint-and-strip job done well. In this case it looks like just a single light spraying of light sand color. Do that, then quickly (within a few minutes) start rubbing down the paint with a rag and nail polish remover. It's really very easy... same technique I used on this AK. If you haven't done it before, practice on a spare stock or something, but it's honestly not hard at all... just takes a little thought.

I think I will now take this motivation to paint this SCAR-H I have sitting around collecting dust!

Thank you for the info, I was wondering the same thing.

My Scar H with eglm

I can't see your pics!?

Other note could anyone ID this type of silencer, I want one for my SCAR also but can't figure out what type/model is?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6zeljlvfY1rw5dlyo1_1280.jpg

Edit: Because it's a pic topic, and because I'm first on page lets start it right :D

My VFC SCAR H*

Leopold M3

Tango Down grip

Bipod (some sort of cheap one)*

Down unders it's the VFC HK416* first models before Umarex thing coming out on us.

S&S Precision Mount

VFC PEQ15*

Surefire Scout m600

G&P Eotech 552*

DSC_0982a.jpg

*replicas

Edited by hayabusa46
  • 2 weeks later...

wasn't sure if it was worth posting in the news section, but i guess quite a few Scar owners will be happy about this:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=510379468979428&set=a.189596671057711.54746.180245088659536&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

Madbull? Not impressed :P Let's guess which rail is off-spec :D

I remember them writing on Fb ages ago on another product post that they can't make the PWS SCAR rail because there is no way for them to make sure it can't be mounted on a real SCAR.

Now that they're coming out with three versions of it, for VFC and WE (LOL at the DBoys one, isn't the DBoys a copy of the VFC?), and knowing that the WE one is essentially dimensionally correct to the real steel (Noveske fitted a Branham rail to his with little modifications) there's got to be something that's off about their copy to differentiate it to the real PWS rail. Given their past record with the Daniel Defense, Noveske, etc. AR15 rails, my guess is one of the rails on the PWS replica they're making is off-spec.

Edited by intinerious