FN SCAR Picture thread

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Excuse me this little OT, but...

What actually is going on with VFC SCAR series production ? All previous editions has been wiped out from stores, and there's no restock on the horizone.

Are we waiting here for some next gen here ? License for FNH markings issue ?

Anybody ?

P.S. Probably asking the same again, but still I haven't found any information.

Edited by MRF

post-74882-0-59567700-1346660524_thumb.jpg

post-74882-0-91876300-1346660538_thumb.jpg

Tried sending these to Frogfish via PM, but no pics allowed there for some reason, so here are a few CAD drawings for stuff I'm going to be making up on my CNC mill (once that is finished and working).

These plus most of the components from a WE SCAR-L Open Bolt conversion kit, the WE upper receiver rear plate (to allow the BCG to fit and a VFC SCAR-H should make for some interesting results.......sorry WE, but you're taking too long ;-)

One piece I still need to CAD up is an insert for the lower reciver so the trigger group has something to screw onto as well as the grip as there won't be a gear box to attach it to.

If this is successful then I'll be looking to convert my SSR as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

my Star SCAR-L and my WE SCAR-L

post-50541-0-20168100-1349985802_thumb.jpg

1 question to all those who has an elcon spectre scope for their scar-l.

When i try to clamp the scope onto the rails on either of my Star Scar or my WE Scar the clamps on the scope wont do up properly so if anyone has a solution to this problem please help :D

if you want pictures to see what i mean is bellow!!

post-50541-0-88826400-1349985901_thumb.png

(sorry the picture is abit small when enlarged)

help would be appreciated :)

Edited by commando bob

It's a real steel BCM Gunfighter grip :P

I had to file a bit of material away from the back end of the receiver so that the grip will sit flush on the receiver. The grip itself was tough to push into the grip slot on the receiver but it's no big deal, don't have to file the slot thinner on the receiver or widen the slot on the gunfighter grip.

As for why I modded the receiver and not the grip, it's because it's much easier for me to get the receiver in Hong Kong than getting another gunfighter grip overseas. If I didn't have to modify the grip I can retain it's resale value; which I would think is better than filing the back tang down to fit the SCAR, therefore ruining the grip if it ends up on an M4 or something :P

It's a real steel BCM Gunfighter grip :P

I had to file a bit of material away from the back end of the receiver so that the grip will sit flush on the receiver. The grip itself was tough to push into the grip slot on the receiver but it's no big deal, don't have to file the slot thinner on the receiver or widen the slot on the gunfighter grip.

As for why I modded the receiver and not the grip, it's because it's much easier for me to get the receiver in Hong Kong than getting another gunfighter grip overseas. If I didn't have to modify the grip I can retain it's resale value; which I would think is better than filing the back tang down to fit the SCAR, therefore ruining the grip if it ends up on an M4 or something :P

Ooh nice!

Yeah I think I might have a similar problem, I'm thinking of putting a Magpul MIAD on my WE SCAR....

Ooh nice!

Yeah I think I might have a similar problem, I'm thinking of putting a Magpul MIAD on my WE SCAR....

Mod the backstrap to fit the SCAR :P I think the dimensions are pretty similar to the real steel counterparts and as such, since loads of peeps have put a MIAD/MOE on their real steel SCARs you might be able to find a real steel forum detailing the modifications needed for the MIAD to fit the SCAR receiver :)

I think the dimensions are pretty similar to the real steel counterparts and as such, since loads of peeps have put a MIAD/MOE on their real steel SCARs you might be able to find a real steel forum detailing the modifications needed for the MIAD to fit the SCAR receiver :)

Hadn't actually thought of that so thanks mate!! :)

Well there you have it; perhaps the MIAD/MOEs don't need modification at all :P The grip IS slimmer on the BCM, especially around the back tang area, so that's probably why I needed to mod mine to make it work. :P

I hope this is the case! I enjoy modding but try to avoid it if possible on my pride and joy.... :) I've gone and bought one anyway so I guess I'll know for certain in a few weeks time!