FN SCAR Picture thread

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Combination of natural and artificial weathering.

Yep PWS rail system same one that's been on there for a while (back about 15 pages or so). VFC, TM just isn't worth it, by the time I set that up (mags ect.) I'm only about $600 away from the real thing.

It seems that the nonreciprocating charging handle of the FNAC is actually a pretty simple mechanism. In fact it looks so similar to the original that you could get away with just using the original piece and cutting slight notch into it to imitate the new floating plate (if you're using a non blow back model). The major difficulty with modding a SCAR L into the FNAC is figuring out how to make the butt plate and the fact that the receiver and gas block would require some painful modifications if you cant get blanks (pretty much every one) or have access to a CNC machine. As for the PDW, I've seen some floating around Japanese places but it seems no one has really gotten their hands on them.

Edited by Shift

Its a Novel Arms Tac One 12424 1.25-4x, they are only available in Japan and a PITA to get a hold if, I had to have a friend in country track one down for me. They are really nice and totally worth the price tag. The mount is an element Larue style SPR mount.

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno where to ask that'll get the most attention, VFC SCAR owners.... do you have issues with your SCAR mechbox locking up on you. The past two times I've gone out to the field I haven't even gotten a shot out of my SCAR before it locks up, when I get home it fires fine....... its like it has stage fright!

No such thing as stage fright with gearboxes, only bad luck. B) There could however be a slight change in environment which causes the difference, though I doubt it. It's probably just coincidence. I can't comment on the VFC in particular but if it continues to be a problem you probably want to take a look a the gearbox. If the gun is getting semi auto lockup or something of that type then your issue is probably the selector plate system or cutoff lever. If the gun is making an electrical connection but the piston is not being pulled back or it gets stuck part way back then your issue probably has to do with shimming or lubrication. If it is making the connection but not firing be especially careful if you are using lipos because you don't want to melt your wiring or blow up your battery.

i cant remember, but i think i rewired frogfish's scar with silver plated 16awg silicon wires.

the locking problem on VFC and VFC style scars (dboys scar h included) is an odd one. on one hand, i got a friends to stop only with an extensive job of wiring in an ASCU2 and on another friends, an overhaul similar to what i did to frog's scar is all it took.

yeah I don't know whats causing this as the setup ran fine before we added in the stealth mosfet (well except for the burnt out contacts). I've been using a 7.4v 15c lipo, and I've had the same result on a 11.1v 20c, the batteries have been working fine on other AEGs.

The job that horseman did is fantastic, its just something to do with this particular weapon. When my SCAR works its a dream, I just hate that it keeps ###### out on me....

I also don't understand why it works again when I take it home to tear it open, so I don't take it apart. I drop a few hundred rounds through it the next day and still all is bueno, then I get out to the field and bam..... no bueno, most of the time it shoots a handfull of shots before locking up.

Edited by frogfish