FN SCAR Picture thread

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm a big fan of that BCM pistol grip on the SCAR. Nice build!

I was gonna add a 3x magnifer as well, but I looked through one in the shops yesterday...alll had extremely bad eye relief, so I'm sticking with just the EOTECH alone.

The Fire Pig got annoying after a while...I still prefer things to be a bit more military looking and the Noveske wasn't cutting it, so I'm replacing it with an AAC M4S-2000 silencer soon...probaby gonna go with black as the tan one doesn't exist from the manufacturer AFAIK?

Got a Tan PEQ16 on the gun as well. Probably gonna zero the laser for 5-10 meters and have the EOTECH zeroed further. I'm gonna try and game the gun in CQB using the laser as my primary method of aiming rather than the EOTECH just to see what it's like :D My own experiences aiming with the laser and looking above the EOTECH gives me a pretty good field of vision...but I dunno if it'll fare well in a CQB game (in HK are CQB engagement distances are around 5-10m anyway). If the laser just doesn't work as well as the EOTECH I'll rip it off and shove it on my SPR instead (then all my guns have lights and silencers HAHA XD).

Oh and I'm gonna get an Element LaRue offset mount for the huge surefire light as well....IME the 45 degree mount allows the weight of the light be closer to the bore of the gun, which gives it less tendency to lean on thee side of the light when you're holding it as the weight distribution is shifted back towards the center-line of the gun. That, and given there's a button switch on the light it'll make it easier for me to access the button when I'm gripping the light as well.

The BCM grip is very comfy surprisingly. Noveske got it for me and he tried it on his M4 first and he agrees that the grip is comfortable to hold. That said however we both agreed that the grip just looks weird on an AR15 because of the angle of the grip being so sharp compared to the gun itself..which is like a stick. On the SCAR however I find it much more aesthetically pleasing as the SCAR's a huge block of a gun and the grip angle doesn't make it look too out of place. If you've seen the SCAR-H picture that Travis Haley used for his promo mount pictures, it looks even better on the SCAR-H than the -L IMO :P

Annnyway I'm still waiting for the last of the parts to be bought, then I'll take another picture and upload it here again XD So far, the SCAR's the only gun that works in my airsoft arsenal because I keep taking apart my AEGs to fiddle with them XD

The BCM grip is very comfy surprisingly. Noveske got it for me and he tried it on his M4 first and he agrees that the grip is comfortable to hold. That said however we both agreed that the grip just looks weird on an AR15 because of the angle of the grip being so sharp compared to the gun itself..which is like a stick. On the SCAR however I find it much more aesthetically pleasing as the SCAR's a huge block of a gun and the grip angle doesn't make it look too out of place. If you've seen the SCAR-H picture that Travis Haley used for his promo mount pictures, it looks even better on the SCAR-H than the -L IMO :P

Yeah, the only thing that makes it look off to me is the mag actually. I bet it would look a lot better with something with a less pronounced curve, like a pmag, or on a SCAR-H. If only it was possible to get a grip angle like that on an AEG..

Yeah, the only thing that makes it look off to me is the mag actually. I bet it would look a lot better with something with a less pronounced curve, like a pmag, or on a SCAR-H. If only it was possible to get a grip angle like that on an AEG..

Yeah now that you say it....probably because most of the gun is made up of straight edges XD

Actually you CAN get a grip angle like that :P VFC managed it with their new HK416 and IMO the grip angle on the HK grip is the same as the BCM one. The VFC 416 uses a standard v2 gearbox as well so as long as we can figure out the mounting solution for the 416 we should be able to do the same for a BCM grip. Someone I know emailed Crusader Tech before about the BCM grip for AEGs and they hinted that they might do it....that said however I tried emailing them as well and they didn't reply me :(

Huh; I'm hoping it'll fit the WE SCAR.

As much as the M4 stock looks fugly on the SCAR and the boot stock does make it look more...gun-like and not something you hammered to the receiver in a backyard; the M4 stock capability is pretty good for the WE SCAR because the stock extension lock on the WE SCARs are finicky and they sometimes fail if there's too much recoil. I had the SCAR's stock bite me on my cheek when it suddenly collapsed on me during a full auto burst..:(

The loss of the folding stock capability is not too big a deal for me personally for airsofting (I'll never shoot the gun with the stock folded anyway; and the folded stock interferes with my trigger finger as I'm right handed...my hands aren't even big and the stock interferes with my grip >___>) and with the M4 stock on a fake buffer tube it shouldn't collapse on me any time soon. The stock SCAR stock (<---LOL) CAN be fixed...temporarily....but the plastic mating with the metal locking piece will wear down over time and the stock will be a cheek-weld hazard again :(

Hard to tell, you have a different tube for that.

It does look like the tube can be removed.

But it's everyone's guess if you could install the PRS tube.

But I am sure it will work out with the necessary willpower (and monies).

OH and now that I am busy typing.

If they are going to release this stock adapter.

Maybe this too?

966488.jpg

Please?

Edited by NeoVeNoM

I almost cried looking at that link Chas. That stock is an abomination and that front end... it's just wrong man!

But I'm sure it'll feel much better than the current SCAR stock config despite it's looks.

Regardless, it's the only CASV that an ACM company will do. I'll probably get the CASV for my SCAR as the MITER Blackout FH on my SCAR right now won't fit the PWS SRX and I don't need so many rails on my SCAR anyway :D

20121130_182901.jpg

20121130_182805.jpg

Gave my EOTECH XPS to my friend for his game this Saturday as his replica Aimpoint's been screwed....guys, remember to never get DYTAC optics :P