• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Turns out the EGLM is ARES.

All I have to do now is try and find someone with the trigger mech in stock, :(

just mail them directly with the part number.

ares@aresairsoft.com

Did the same for my tavor.

You can find the part numbers on their website.

Anyone know a good specterDR to go for that doesn't cost the earth?

Found this one which someone suggested painting over the gold, but seems like that might not turn out great:

http://www.ebairsoft.com/magnifier-scope-p-4814.html

Ive had a few different ones now, AABB, WE, G&G (new and old) and AG-K, which is by FAR the best. http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=32_142&products_id=14629

And is only about $250 posted to the UK.

@Shift PM'd me with an interesting question regards using the new Magpul light mount on SCARs with barrel that only just protrude from the main body of the rifle, I thought I'd share my findings.  Spread the wealth and all that.

You're very limited with rail space on a SCAR vs the handguard options for ARs and when you're running a CQC barrel and don't want to add a rail extension for whatever reason this can leave you quite cramped up on the forend when mounting a light.  Now you can use the Magpul mount either SEALs style i.e. if you're right handed you'll want the left-handed mount then attach it upside-down on the right side of the gun near to a vert grip and use the thumb to actuate the light switch by going underneath the rifle.  Alternatively this mount can go on the 12 o/clock rail when using either a traditional flat or thumb-over-bore grip, with either a hand stop or no foregrip.  Unfortunately the front sling loops prevent mounting in the intended fashion to the 3 and 9 o/clock rails but as it turns out the light will end up in the exact same position if you simply attach it up top as shown in the lower picture.

Just bear in mind if you've not got any imperial allen keys (as are generally supplied with more expensive US Surefire mounts like Gear Sector and HSP) you'll probably want to pick up a set, but they can be had for around a fiver on ebay.

12744966283_da147faa50_c.jpg

12744965873_47e586251c_c.jpg

Thank you CKinnerley!
Your first picture is exactly what I was hoping the setup would turn out like. I don't think my setup will be as low profile as yours with a SF scout or other tube type light as I will be using a M3X or TLR with switch but I think it should free up my hand guard nicely. It also doesn't appear to protrude past the gas block so a suppressed CQC setup might work out well also.
Now, just to find some cash for the mount.

BTW, where is everybody finding those barcodes and QR decals? I'd really like to have some.

Edited by Shift

Ive had a few different ones now, AABB, WE, G&G (new and old) and AG-K, which is by FAR the best. http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=32_142&products_id=14629

And is only about $250 posted to the UK.

do you find the AG-K shifts zero when you switch from 1x to 4x? Heard this is a common problem among a lot of the 1-4x spectre replicas

I have the Elcan OriginUK posted and did the exact same thing.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10152064283150853&set=t.100001814237444&type=3&theater

I used a games workshop paint to do it I cant remember which one exactly ?

Edited by Pdubyuh

quick question how did you go about switching the charging handle over?

I found I had to take the upper receiver off and remove the barrel assembly. The charging handle then pulls all eh way back, twists, and pulls out as one whole piece. You can then click it back in the other side.

I have the Elcan OriginUK posted and did the exact same thing.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10152064283150853&set=t.100001814237444&type=3&theater

I used a games workshop paint to do it I cant remember which one exactly ?

That's what I intend to do. Do you have any pics? That Facebook link doesn't show the image :)

I found I had to take the upper receiver off and remove the barrel assembly. The charging handle then pulls all eh way back, twists, and pulls out as one whole piece. You can then click it back in the other side.

That's what I intend to do. Do you have any pics? That Facebook link doesn't show the image :)

I always seem to have trouble posting pics and can never remember my passwords on flikr etc so i'll friend you on face book and message you one ? if you have a look for any of my pics on the recoil group on FB theres a few on there as well !

Edited by Pdubyuh