FN SCAR Picture thread

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking good I like your scope set up I was thinking of something like that for My H but ended up getting an Spectre in stead any more info or linkys on the scope/mount ?

It's a KAC copy you get with an Ares SR25. Quite a few stand alone replicas out there of it this one too though.

See, that's why people don't like belgians. Bolting a 203 to a scar, jesus christ gmmcopy.png

come on m8, we all now a m203 is easier to use than an EGLM.

As I said the EGLM is way to big, and is harder to reload both mags as shells

Most people even put the second hand behind the gripwell when shooting witch is not possible with the EGLM...

It's also not possible if you mount a 203 properly.....

203+ SCAR also looks retarded, and I'm not entirely sure the front end of a SCAR can take a standard 203 mount.... *hint hint*,

is there such a thing as a real rail mounted 203?

why use something not intended for that weapon, when something that is is readily available. I find the ergonomics of the Mk13 EGLM far superior to the M203, I actually prefer the canted mechanism, and the reliable locking mechanism, unlike most airsoft 203s that don't reliably close. Next thing you know someone's video taping you as you wander around with your 203 dragging on the ground.

Edited by frogfish

Picked this gem up on a road trip to see some family over Turkey weekend.

DSC00006.jpg

Very solid gun, only a few little things out of the box that drive me nuts but are easy fixes. Swapped E1 motor with a JG blue and bumped the rof. 390 with 2's. Just waiting on a TD Battle Grip (Blk) and Some Black mags for it.

6562834079_5cee50d252_b.jpg

D-Boys Scar-H

Picked this up as an early christmas present before it went out of stock on ASGI. (Got the base aeg for $130!)

Anyone have experience with the Magpul aftermarket selector switch? I'm really disliking the one on this, I feel like I'm going to break it off every time I disengage the safety.

Edited by mrcheetos

6562834079_5cee50d252_b.jpg

D-Boys Scar-H

Picked this up as an early christmas present before it went out of stock on ASGI. (Got the base aeg for $130!)

Anyone have experience with the Magpul aftermarket selector switch? I'm really disliking the one on this, I feel like I'm going to break it off every time I disengage the safety.

Did you paint the gun and accesories all the same color? Looks amazing!

Hi Cheetos,

I have the Magpul selector on my SSR (see a few pics back) - I would say its better in three respects than the stock versions I have on my VFC's:

1. Its more "low profile" to the receiver so doesn't feel like its going to fall off when you "dial it".

2. Like the RS selectors, the reaction side (right hand as you look down the rifle) selector arm is shorter than the other, which is so you don't get it caught on your hand when using a high grip.

3. It feels slightly better than the stock version probably due to its shape which is easier to "engage/grip".

That said alot of the feel of it has to do with the selector plate/gears combo underneath (assuming the DBoys is using the same mechanism as the VFC's) which to be honest are not the best machined components I've seen and hence don't operate as well as the "faux real steel" mechanism that my GBBR WE SCAR-L has (i.e. selector attached to sear plate).

Nice H BTW - the only version I don't have and maybe something to remedy in the new year ;-)

Edited by Mr Teatameh

*pic*

D-Boys Scar-H

Is the orange flash hider that hard to remove from the little barrel extension? I've seen alot of D boys with out the extension and I've been told it's because they couldn't remove the flash hider from it. Did it come with the pseudo MITER flash hider? BTW, how does it perform?

Thanks.

Edited by Shift

Did you paint the gun and accesories all the same color? Looks amazing!

Nope, a little editing goes a long way. The uniformity of the color and finish of the entire gun are fairly close to the picture though.

Hi Cheetos,

I have the Magpul selector on my SSR (see a few pics back) - I would say its better in three respects than the stock versions I have on my VFC's:

1. Its more "low profile" to the receiver so doesn't feel like its going to fall off when you "dial it".

2. Like the RS selectors, the reaction side (right hand as you look down the rifle) selector arm is shorter than the other, which is so you don't get it caught on your hand when using a high grip.

3. It feels slightly better than the stock version probably due to its shape which is easier to "engage/grip".

That said alot of the feel of it has to do with the selector plate/gears combo underneath (assuming the DBoys is using the same mechanism as the VFC's) which to be honest are not the best machined components I've seen and hence don't operate as well as the "faux real steel" mechanism that my GBBR WE SCAR-L has (i.e. selector attached to sear plate).

Nice H BTW - the only version I don't have and maybe something to remedy in the new year ;-)

Thanks for the input. I'll have to tinker around with it once I start messing with the gearbox.

Is the orange flash hider that hard to remove from the little barrel extension? I've seen alot of D boys with out the extension and I've been told it's because they couldn't remove the flash hider from it. Did it come with the pseudo MITER flash hider? BTW, how does it perform?

Thanks.

For me, the orange plastic flash hider was a piece of cake to remove once you loosen the set screw and use a little elbow grease to wrench it off. The barrel extension behind it though, I had a hell of a time removing it. It's secured with thread locker, and I'm sure if you use a heat gun, it will be a thousand times easier to remove it. The metal flash hider on the gun did not ship with it, I had to buy it as an extra.

I haven't had much of a chance to fire it yet. The current stock internals won't be living in there for much longer, and I don't expect too much, considering it being from D-Boys. However, I did have the D-Boys Scar Light and that's lasted 3 years and 4 different owners. My team leader found it on craigslist again for $50 and it still functions perfectly on it's stock internals (on an 11.1v lipo, too!). If that's any indication of D-Boys build quality, then hopefully it won't explode on the first skirmish.

Thanks for the compliments guys!

Edited by mrcheetos