FN SCAR Picture thread

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used foil, like the ones on cars.

Also goes by the name of "wrap" as well in case you are looking for it in the UK. :) 

I have to say I really like the finish, it looks very well done, no bubbles or rough edges. Perhaps just a little nick on the suppressor but that's it! Bravo! ^_^

thanks.

It a great piece of material, when you blow it with a hair-dryer it really becomes soft and stretchy.

I have to say though using it on the stock was very hard, to much detail.

But the upper receiver lends itself perfectly, because of the continuous waving motion.

I have some JG G36 upper bodies lying around, will try on those as well.

maybe check the manual on the exploded view, there is a lot of info to be found.

Good idea! When I bought mine, it came only with the rubbish Cybergun pamphlet, barely 2 pages which explained only safe handling of the RIF and only very basic operational information...

BUT! I found the full G&G Manual online (included here for reference: LINK) - Unfortunately it does not go into detail about the charging handle. I did have a look at the exploded diagram and it looks like the charging handle is held by a pin or some kind of bolt. 

When inspecting my SCAR I can't see this or make any further sense of the diagram. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Does it not work like the VFC/real one?

You take the gun down, remove the buffer spring (fake buffer spring on AS), and then the charging handle is free to move as far back as the rounded slot, where you can rotate and remove it. 

Let me try that and get back to you - many thanks for the info!

This is my current setup for my TM.  Unfortunately, at this weeekend's game, I broke the latch that allows you to collapse the stock.  Would anyone know where I can get a replacement or any compatible part?

Do you mean the Deflector (which holds the collapsed stock) ?

Well, try WGC Shop, they stock VFC SCAR stock factory parts, you should be able to pick those which interest you. Or try contacting VFC themselves, they sell any parts you need as well.

Try this: http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=VFC-STK-MK16F-TN01&search=searchItem&rs=vfc%20scar%20stock&catid=&cat=

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...