• 1 month later...
  • Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Wingman do you want 1x-4x or will fixed 4x do? if it will I have this http://www.ebairsoft.com/magnifier-scope-p-4814.html the gold is very "gold" but a quick lick of games workshop brown paint and bobs your uncle, a decent looking Spectre with a red dot and great eye relief and the optics on mine are crystal clear!

• 1 month later...

Please excuse me a little technical off-topic, but didn't want to start separate thread in technical discussion sub-forum.
I just want to ask what upgrades - basing on standard parts - can TM recoil shock engine take? Or in short - is it upgradable at all?
Thanks in advance.

Please excuse me a little technical off-topic, but didn't want to start separate thread in technical discussion sub-forum.

I just want to ask what upgrades - basing on standard parts - can TM recoil shock engine take? Or in short - is it upgradable at all?

Thanks in advance.

prometheus, Magic Box, king arms and others make upgrade parts for it.

So it is upgradable and the motor can hold just fine. It's a long type motor anyway so it can also be changed.

The Recoil Shock SCAR is the odd man out of the NexGen lineup, with the Version 1 recoil system (shared with the G36, Kalashnikovs etc) but the Version 2 gearbox (shared with the AR-15s). However, some parts of the gearbox (piston, for example) are hybridized in order to marry the differing versions of gearbox and recoil system, and as a result are unique to the SCAR. You need to exercise extreme caution when it comes to ordering parts as it's not at all obvious what will fit the SCAR and what won't.

That said, NeoVeNoM says plenty of manufacturers now make upgrade parts for the NexGen guns that allow you to replace almost every internal part.

• 4 weeks later...

Sweet SCAR SkillslikeaZebra, nicely done <3

How's the fit of the stock? Need some crazy modifications?

BTW some TD magazines might look good on yours :P

The stock is actually a real steel FN Herstal stock, so the VLTOR Scar Stock fit fine of course. The stock itself needs a bit of sanding on the front of the latch housing to fit the WE Part 66. I wish I could run the Tango Down replicas, but I use CO2 . . . if anyone knows how to tune and perfect a WE SCAR hop up, I'd be much obliged. Not sure if it's the 550fps and .2s, but my shots fly almost straight left. Up is expected, sideways . . . not so much.  :unsure:

Dammit.. between the Umbrella grip, the PWS rail and the cocking handle I'm sorely tempted to snap like a soggy kit-kat and buy a WE.

Be prepared for much tuning. And if you do decide to do CO2, replacing brand new valves because they leak. Even after being soaked in silicon for days. But the kick makes everything worth it. With the RA-Tech bolt it rocks like a .223 with more lateral motion.

0.2g BBs on 550FPS? :o

If I read it right I will say "nah I wouldn't do that"

Mine chronos like around 360FPS with 0.2 shoots 0.28 or 0.3 BBs quite well for my taste, need some hold-over for ranged shots though. I guess at least 0.36 or even heavier would work for you, oh by the way I use RA-Tech double contact hop packing and the 14" barrel set.

edit: Andax TD mag cases are awesome, I think getting some for just photo shoot still worth :P

Edited by Katotaka

0.2g BBs on 550FPS? :o

If I read it right I will say "nah I wouldn't do that"

Mine chronos like around 360FPS with 0.2 shoots 0.28 or 0.3 BBs quite well for my taste, need some hold-over for ranged shots though. I guess at least 0.36 or even heavier would work for you, oh by the way I use RA-Tech double contact hop packing and the 14" barrel set.

edit: Andax TD mag cases are awesome, I think getting some for just photo shoot still worth :P

Ya, couldn't get my hands on any .4s or anything heavier than that, will soon though. Is it normal for VSR hopups to pull to the right? I have the 14 inch barrel extension and 6.01 tightbore too, but a Lonex bucking.